Connection Failure

Rachael
Go to solution Solved by Fratopolis,

Ok so I know multiple people have had this problem but the fix is never posted. For the last bit here if I am off my home network I cannot access my emby sever everytime is throws the message  "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again." I have checked all firewalls, and port forwarding yet I am still having this issue. I am getting very frustrated with it having paid for the emby premier so I would have this ability. I have attached the system log for the most recent time is failed to connect. Please someone help me!!!

post-89218-0-72554200-1482103871_thumb.png

started going through the connection troubleshooter and when testing my external address I got the error this page cannot be displayed. I tried the fix connection problems button and it said resource 174.102.108.76:8096 is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

I didn't see that list. do you mean on the webpage? it says make sure the web address is correct, look for the page with your search engine, and refresh the page in a few minutes.

Edited by Rachael

Happy2Play

If port forwarding is not working then could your ISP be blocking ports?  Have you tried different ports?

I attempted a different port. Still the connection failed. Port forwarding failed, which I never had to do prior and it was working just fine both on and off my network. I thought that paying for the lifetime membership was supposed to make things like this not happen?

I attempted a different port. Still the connection failed. Port forwarding failed, which I never had to do prior and it was working just fine both on and off my network. I thought that paying for the lifetime membership was supposed to make things like this not happen?

Sorry, but we have very little control over your network configuration (this is a good thing :)).  In order for external access to work, you have to have general network connectivity working and this can be complex and varies for each individual.  In today's security conscious world it can be even more difficult because the network providers are erring on the side of tighter security instead of ease of access.

So, before any of the Emby services can work we have to figure out how to get your network configured so that it will allow the traffic.  If it worked before and not now then something in the network configuration must have changed.  Perhaps you can talk to your ISP about what you are trying to do and they will be able to direct you?

is it possible for one of the administrator, moderators, or whomever to help me by remoting in and helping me/ walking me through getting this problem corrected? I mean nothing has changed from when it was working until now! So I have no Idea what the problem could be. I have gone through all the external connectivity troubleshooter steps, I have updated to 3.1, I have tried port forwarding, I have tried changing the port numbers and nothing has fixed it so I am at a loss. 

Fratopolis

I will help. But will only do so through chrome RDP to ensure you have control over my control. Also I will not be able to until tomorrow after work or if I see a response here before I leave my workstation.

• Like 2

Ok Thank You I will download that program tonight!!! I super appreciate it!!

I will help. But will only do so through chrome RDP to ensure you have control over my control. Also I will not be able to until tomorrow after work or if I see a response here before I leave my workstation.

Fratopolis

Are you avail still tonight? I'll PM. 

Sorry for being so late :( I woke up late so I stayed at work late, and ended up staying way longer than I needed to. Got caught up on new server implementations at work. I have wayyyy to much fun working.

Edited by Fratopolis

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
Fratopolis

In case anyone was wondering about the cause. There was a modem/router and a standalone router. The modem/router was new to the setup so we disabled the router function so as to act as a standard modem.

• Like 1