shield hangs

kodibart

kodibart

updated to the latest version. after I hit play the app froze I couldn't get out of it and I had to plug off the power cable of the shield

When you hit play on what?

Did you try the "home" button on your remote?  I've never heard of one hanging where you actually had to power cycle the unit.

Does the issue repeat?

kodibart

Well .. the reason why it got stuck was maybe because I haven't payed for an emby membership yet..

I got stuck on a grey screen and after a while wayting a window box popped up (Emby is nog responding. Close, wait or send report). I could go to the send report screen, but I didn't succeed in actually sending the report. If I choose the option "Close Emby" nothing was happening, just the windows box dissapeared but the grey screen was still there and I could not reach my other apps on the shield  

I use the remote control off my panasonic tv (DX900 serie) to control the shield and the emby app.

I haven't tried it a second time. For normally use I'm using kodi with the emby kodi addon (at the moment of writing version 2.3.25)

Well .. the reason why it got stuck was maybe because I haven't payed for an emby membership yet..

That is definitely not the case.  

Do you recall if you may have double-clicked the play button?  I have determined that will cause an app crash and is just something that neither I nor any testers over a few weeks ever had tried.

The Home button should have taken you back to the home screen of the Shield from which you could access anything else and force stop the app if need be.  Unfortunately, when these crashes happen, there is no way for us to force stop the app automatically.

xXSagaiaXx

I've had the same issue since updating. From the home screen I'll select a movie or anyone of the displayed content on the home screen and suddenly the screen goes geyser. Doesn't happen everytime just at random. Then the above error window pops up asking to close app. I have to actually force stop app in order to use emby again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've had the same issue since updating. From the home screen I'll select a movie or anyone of the displayed content on the home screen and suddenly the screen goes geyser. Doesn't happen everytime just at random. Then the above error window pops up asking to close app. I have to actually force stop app in order to use emby again.

There is an option inside the app to submit an app log, please try using that. Thanks !

Happened again same as above. Sent report from ATV

Can you please tell me the name of the emby user and at what time you sent the log?  Thanks.

xXSagaiaXx

Can you please tell me the name of the emby user and at what time you sent the log? Thanks.

The emby user is xxsagaiaxx. I sent the log around 4 or 5 est 12/21

The emby user is xxsagaiaxx. I sent the log around 4 or 5 est 12/21

That is the name of the user on your Emby server?  I don't see any logs with that user name.

xXSagaiaXx

I May have found it if the user name is 'Home' but, unfortunately, cannot see the cause of the crash.

Yes it was the user Home. If it happens again I'll let you know. Right now seems to be working without any issues.

Thanks,

S.