Server not starting up on system resume

jmassaro87
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jmassaro87

What file does it point to?

It launches Emby Server. And now that installed Theater there is one for that as well

edit: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe

Edited by jmassaro87

jmassaro87

so when your machine boots up, just login as the HTPC user and it will start Emby Server.

Thats how it has been running for a long time, recently i now have to launch server manually. and it will become much more annoying if i am using theater for live tv as well.

edit: do we think an uninstall and reinstall might help?

Edited by jmassaro87

Is there a shortcut for Emby in your startup folder

C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Maybe this is what I was thinking when I said there was two servers...

post-110-0-30457900-1482497117_thumb.jpg

I did this and behavior is as expected as far as putting only one shortcut into the start up folder. I didn't reboot to test it out because I had no other reason to reboot and don't reboot unless absolutely necessary. I will report back whether on not the Emby Server loads when I have to reboot.

Magic815

I might be having a similar issue with Emby server starting on Windows startup (I'm on Windows 8.1).

It's been working great for about 4 months now, but as of a couple days ago, I noticed that the service does not start up automatically. In 'Settings' I have 'Run Server at Startup' checked. However, I don't currently have a shortcut to Emby in the Windows startup folder (and can't remember if I ever did). Do I need to manually make a shortcut to the startup folder in addition to having the setting checked?

Happy2Play

Are you wanting the service to start automatically or the server to run at startup/login?

Edited by Happy2Play

Magic815

Are you wanting the service to start automatically or the server to run at startup/login?

I guess I didn't realize those were two different things? My goal is to have Emby always running on my computer. To me that means to automatically turn Emby server on when my computer is started up - does it not?

Happy2Play

Well one requires a user to login and the other runs in the background without any user intervention needed.

Sounds like you want to run as a service.  Uncheck the "Run server at startup" option then shutdown server.  In Windows you want to open the Services, find Emby Server on the list and open it, change startup type from Manual to Automatic (Delay Start) click ok, then select "start" service.

Edited by Happy2Play

And be sure to configure proper credentials for the service so that it can access your media.

Sammy

Although this has been marked as solved already, I know you guys like feedback.. Something happened last night when streaming to my tablet tethered to my phone hotspot via LTE, which worked great BTW. At any rate I had a crash and it crashed my HTPC at home. I haven't checked the logs yet but I'm thinking it wasn't related to Emby as before I left there were network issues and my wife had to reset the modem and router with my instructions via text.. She's a trouper and wants to learn! So things may have been a little unstable on the Server machine but I'll check the logs when I get a chance..

Now that the background has been set I want to report back to @@Luke and @@ebr that after all this I was forced to reboot. Emby Server Loaded on boot as expected. I suppose having that old Media Browser Server short cut in the Startup directory was the issue. Thanks for the support on sorting that out, Luke! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1