Images don't update when modified by StarkCovers

Corteq
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I have replaced all my movie posters with new folder.png images in each corresponding folder. After running a library scan some of these new ones are picked up but most are still displaying the old image. I assume this is because they are loading from a cache. I cleared out the \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images folder thinking this was the likely spot but it had no effect. Can you please point me in the right direction to do this? Thank you.

Hi, where is this happening? In addition to the server-side cache, each app will also have it's own in-app cache.

Having replaced all the images this was a global issue for all apps. What I have found so far is clearing the images folder under the server location previously mentioned was successful for the web client. For EMT I found emptying \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron was partially successful. There are still a few images which show up in the EMT with old images but when you click on them to bring up the item menu they display the right image. Unfortunately this image doesn't stick so the main menu continues to display old images.

Can you please confirm the image cache location for each of the apps? I'm sure I'm not in the right place. Thanks.

You're not going to be able to access it for all apps, so that's why I would like to discuss the actual problem because this should not be happening.

OK I'll see if I can be clearer. I am storing movie posters in each movie folder under the name folder.png. If I update that image the old image still shows up in EMT menus and sometimes in the Web app. See the first pic showing the Movie "Eye in the Sky" with a Blu-ray cover. That image had been replaced. When I click on the movie it shows the correct poster in the item menu as can be seen in the second pic with a MKV cover. (I am not using CoverArt for various reasons). How can we get the images refreshed?

Things that have been tried:

1. Refresh Library. No change

2. Clear \data\electron\cache on EMT client. No change

3. Clear \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images on Server. Works for Web Client but seems overkill.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

post-171894-0-44330400-1482120997_thumb.png

post-171894-0-31608700-1482121061_thumb.png

• Solution

Ok, we've seen this before. For some reason when Stark saves images it thinks it's a good idea to set the date modified timestamp of the image file back to what it was before the save. Because of this Emby Server never realizes the files have changed. Your options are uninstalling/reinstalling all of your apps to ensure caches are cleared, along with clearing all browsing data. Or you can just wait patiently and let them update over time. Or you can see if Stark has a setting to change this behavior.

• Like 1

Yip, I can confirm you are dead right. I changed the timestamp on the image, rescanned the library and up popped the new image. I can work with this. I'll write a script to go through and alter the file timestamps. Thank you, this was getting frustrating.