Sort of a bug, but more an annoying issue

BATTLE DONKEY

BATTLE DONKEY

Not sure if this belongs in here or the chocolate theme but I was playing around adding some logo.pngs to my emulator ROMs and systems.

The issue is now that I added logos to the systems themselves I.e. Nintendo, Super Nintendo etc. the ROMs have inherited the logo.PNG from the parent folder too.

So all games that have their own logo.PNG look fine but the games that dont have a logo.PNG file in the folder no longer have a title because it has been replaced by the "Nintendo" logo from the parent folder.

Im guessing its because MBS is saving all the artwork and metadata in the Nintendo system folder which contains all the folders for individual ROMs and the ROMs are inheriting the system logo.PNG if no other logo is present in the ROM folder.

I hope that makes sense, if not I'll do my best to give a better explanation

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

Redshirt

Actually the game entity is in the server binaries. I think the issue would need to be resolved there. @@Luke?

Redshirt

ebr. I've had a quick peek before leaving for work. Since I can't override LogoImage in the game entity, it's always going to inspect the parent for a logo. If I null the LogoImagePath in the parent itself then it won't show logos. Do you have any suggestions?

Yeah, you're right.  It was requested a while back that Logos always inherit (thumbs too FYI).  The only thing I could probably do is create some properties you could override that tell us whether or not to inherit each image type.

It's actually up to the client to display the inherited logo, or not display it. The logo image tag only comes from the current item itself. If the item doesn't have a logo there's also information about the closest inherited one, but it's a different property and the ui would have to explicitly decide to use it or not.

BATTLE DONKEY

Didn't realise it was gonna be a tougher issue to deal with, I figured it might just be a matter of creating a gamebrowser folder in the IBN folder or something or something simple I didn't know about that I can do on my end. Thanks for all the work u guys are putting into this. Let me know if there is any trouble shooting I can do after on my end

• 2 weeks later...
Redshirt

Just a heads up, ebr has made the necessary changes to MBC to allow games to stop inheriting logos and I've pushed a version of GB that makes use of that. So keep an eye out for it in the coming weeks. 

BATTLE DONKEY

Awesome and thanks for all the work. I'm trying to figure out how to mark this topic closed/completed from my phone but can't find the option so it will have to wait till I get home so I can get a better look