FFmpeg/FFserver: Streaming without encoding/transcoding

satdreamer1

satdreamer1
Hi.

I'm trying to stream an http stream that I'm receiving, using ffserver, without any encoding/transcoding on the output.  Basically, I would like to stream a copy of my mpeg4 part 10/h264 live feed using the same video bit rate, resolution, video codec, framerate, etc as the source.  I don't want any encoding/transcoding on the output.  However, the ffserver config below isn't accomplishing this, instead, the ouptut being streamed is very low quality.  I know for a fact that the image quality on the input is amazing, so it can't be the input stream that's the cause.  

Any help on getting ffserver to stream an exact copy of the input as is, without messing around with the video bit rate, resolution, framerate, audio, etc.?

Below are the settings I'm using in my ffserver config file

HTTPPort 5555

HTTPBindAddress 0.0.0.0

MaxBandwidth 500000

<Feed feed1.ffm>

File /tmp/feed1.ffm

FileMaxSize 50M

</Feed>

<Stream test1>

Feed feed1.ffm

Format mpegts

</Stream>

Here's the ffmpeg command line that I'm using where I declare the input to my source stream, as well as the ffserver ip, port, and name of the feed

Greatly appreciate any help.

satdreamer1

First I would like to give ffmpeg a try.  I I can't get it too work, than I'll give emby a try.  BTW, is it possible to get an http stream link of the video files being streamed in emby?  Thanks.

• 4 months later...
ccurtis0

HI, why don't you try your stream with Emby?

Hello, I'm trying to do something similar. I'm generating an FFM stream using FFMpeg from a live feed (think /dev/audio), streaming it to FFServer, and pointing Emby to the FFServer using the IPTV video bookmarks. How would I stream this directly to Emby? Each FFServer connection is spawning a new transcode, which I'd like to avoid as well.

Thanks.

ccurtis0

Can you point emby directly to the live stream?

That's what I'm asking you.   :D

I have raw audio coming in via ALSA (microphone/line-in) and I'd like Emby to grab it. I don't see how that's possible, so I've setup ffmpeg/ffserver so I can point Emby to that.

Alternately, because I'm intrigued by the idea of generating a video stream, I'd love to be able to send ffmpeg directly to an Emby socket instead of ffserver but I don't see how to do that either.

Thanks,