Trailer plugin stopped working

jagojago
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jagojago

My upcoming trailers before I watch a movie have stopped playing. In the server configuration the Trailers plugin is not listed under My Plugins. When I go to it in the plugin catalog it says I can install it which I have tried a couple times (latest release 1.0.6150.25153) but it doesn't seem to install or work. Emby and server are up to date too, what else should I check?

Edited by jagojago

Happy2Play

That is a really old Dev server version so I bet the new trailers plugins are incompatible with that version.

Since that is a old version what is your update level set to Stable?  There have been a lot of changes to update versions procedures.

You will most likely have to reinstall from the web site to get everything back on track.  If you go with the Stable track you will need to delete all your plugins and reinstall them do to incompatibilities between the versions right now.

current versions

Stable 3.0.8500.0

Beta 3.1.256.0

Dev 3.1.6193.27714

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi @@jagojago, yes as happy2play has eluded to, if you're going to run a developer version then it's very important that you keep up with the latest. Your best course of action right now is to uninstall all plugins, install the stable release, then reinstall the plugins you want. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

jagojago

I was referring to the Trailers plugin version 1.0.6150.25153, this is the newest version available and it will not install. Just for the heck of it I tried to install an older Trailers version and that won't work either. I am running Emby server version 3.1.6.0 and it says Emby is up to date. I have it set to automatically update to the latest Emby official release. Should I just uninstall Emby and start over with the same server version 3.1.6.0?

When I try to install the Trailers plugin, I receive a message that installation was completed, please restart to finish updating which I do. When I go back into the server configuration the Trailers plugin is not listed in My Plugins. When I launch Emby I can go to Channels and see iTunes Movie Trailers listed. When I click on that it just says "No Items"

Edited by jagojago

jagojago

Are you sure your server version is 3.1.6.0? Please provide an Emby Server log. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Yes it's definitely 3.1.6.0. The trailers plugin is not shown and I can't go to Trailers within Emby, but now they started playing before my movie? Server log is attached.

server-63617581222.txt

• Solution

Ok, you're running a very old beta version. It looks like you installed a beta at some point several months ago and have been stuck on that version since then.  Remember that beta is pre-release, so if you're running pre-release then we highly recommend keeping in touch with the community for updates. If you just want to set it and forget it then you should just stay on the stable release.

So what I would suggest is installing the stable release from the website on top of your current version. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

• Like 2