Help with auto logon

Christmas

Christmas

Hi

I’ve been setting up an Emby server on my FreeNAS and I’m having a couple of issues.

I’m trying to set up the system so that it automatically logs in without prompting for user input. But regardless of what setting I have set the server keeps prompting me to select a user, regardless of how many users I have setup.

I am also trying to find the direct URL of the play media stream. I want this is because I use DVD Profiler to manage my movie collection. This software allows you to connect a film to an online movie stream. Meaning that when you select the movie, press one button the movie will start playing.

My issue is. I can find the address for the information page and link this to the movie in DVD profiler, but because of the user logon prompt the link only takes me to the main home screen after I select a user.

If I’m already in Emby and paste the address into the browser address bar, then it will take me to the movie information page were I am press the play button

Any help would be appreciated

Hi, welcome. The saved login is managed between the web browser and the server, so just make sure your browsing data is not being cleared between sessions. If you have to login every time then this is most likely the reason.

The app does not currently expose permanent media urls. You can obtain a temporary download url using the download feature. To access this, click the 3-dot menu from media detail screens. I understand this is probably not what you're looking for though. 

Thanks !