Folders view question

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Only I'm using the Emby server and Emby for WMC as client.Running last release server and dev EWMC.

Some time ago I create several libraries with different folders and are shown with their directories (this is the way I like it because I have more control of where they are and how to look for my movies).

In spite of the changes that have happened with the server and without using Legacy foder browsing in the configuration of Emby for WMC, these appear with their respective folders.

But now I have created a new library with 4 directories and it shows me the folders Resume, Movies (all the movies of the 4 directories created in a single row), Favorites and Genres.
The solution could be "Use legacy folder browsing" but if I use it then the Collections option disappears.

My question is if the libraries I create in the past show me the folders, is there any way to modify the new ones to behave the same (xml file or something similar)?
Is there any way using "Use legacy folder browsing" to see also The collections option?

Thanks in advance

Ebr, I did it previously and what appears instead of the 4 folders (directories) of the library are the movies in a row sorted alphabetically.

• Solution

Yeah, okay, then this is the old "enhanced presentations" setting that I think is now gone from the server.

You may be able to get it to show the folder structure by making it a "Mixed" type library.

• Like 1

Bingo, ebr...

Mixed type library. has solved my problem, from now on I have to create the libraries as mixed content.

Thank you for your fantastic support and happy merry xmas.

Edited by Teddy

Thanks Luke for the offer but I'm very happy with Windows 7 and WMC.

I am using the machine as HTPC and I think it is the best today,when Emby WMC and WMC work together the result is second to none, neither Windows 8 nor Windows 10, maybe in the future if Windows 11 or 12 if including a kind of  WMC.

The support of WIndows 7 ends on 2020, maybe then I would consider switching to a Linux platform with Kodi or Theather if windows has not offered something better then.

I have tried Emby Theater or Kodi and can not compete today with WMC, neither integration or with plug-ins neither themes. (It's my personal opinion, but I tried, LuKe)

But thanks for the advice

Edited by Teddy
  • Like 1