Media Folders not displayed after data mirgration to FreeNAS

GrumpyBear2014

GrumpyBear2014

Background.

My Netgear NAS was reaching capacity, so I built a FreeNas System.  Set up of shares and permissions was set up.  Copied over TV shows to the FreeNAS.  All files are viewable, and playable with different players. 

The Issue.

From   Emby Server (ver 3.0.8500) Dashboard, Library the old locations were removed and then the new folder location was added.  Allowed the server to update the library however it never showed the content of the folders.  So now there is a  Icon in the library showing the folder name, media type, the path to the media and even posters of the TV shows that are in that folder.

​Viewing from the home page of the server this not being listed.  Going to the players and it is not being listed there either.  ( Did not expect it to be )

The Directory tree on the FreeNAS is:

Media

Reality Shows

File Folders

TV Shows

Current Shows

File Folder

Ended Shows

File Folders

Nostalgic Shows

File Folders

Steps taken

Removed all of the folder entries from the library.  Cleaned the Database.  Added folder locations back in. Cleaned DB.  Scan of the folders is completed.  But not getting results. 

Numerous attempts and combinations were done. 

​In one of the combinations Realty TV showed  up.  But that has been it. 

​So it does work, sort of. 

​Looking at the system log shows that the files in the folders is being processed and the information is being saved to the database.

​Summary

​Not all folders are being displayed in MY Media after migration of data to FreeNAS.  System log shows that the files are being processed and save to the database.

GrumpyBear2014

After much more playing around of moving the folders into the Reality TV folder, the other folders were shown as a TV program with the actual shows as episodes.  Moving the folder back into the proper directory created an entry on the home page under Latest Media.  Right clicking on this gave the option to Edit the Info.  Comparing  the path entries the functional icon under My Media shows it under the User Appdata root folder.   The non-functional or the one that is listed under Latest Media shows the path as being to the NAS. 

Metadata Manger path is correct, it calls the information from the root.  Root shows all the folders with the mblink file.

For what ever reason the home page is not calling this file.  How can this be edited? 

GrumpyBear2014

Hello Luke,

I actually manged to figure out what was happening.  The new folders that were created did not pick up the inheritance on the account settings.  Therefore they were not selected as having access.  Deteremined this by creating a new account.  When this was done the folders were listed.  Comparing the accounts showed the issue.