m3u w/recordings

rholborok

rholborok

If I have two allowed connections with my m3u will Emby know to use them? Or will it only use one tuner and not know there is two?

Like say I want to record live tv and watch live tv will it work or do I need to create two tuners with the same m3u

rholborok

Thanks for the reply, do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting this? When I set two things to record only one appears to record.... I do pay for to concurrent streams and can watch two streams, just cannot get it to record and play or record two streams at the same time. Could this be due to lacking memory in my server if so what do you recommend for memory to accomplish this?

rholborok

Attaching logs from today at 1:05 when I tested it. 

When I would start a stream and then start a second recording it would immediatly stop my stream and start the recording. Then when I would start the stream back it would stop my recording.

thanks for then help, if this is fixed a different version of emby I am willing to go to it.

Thanks

Rob

Edited by rholborok

I tested your source url and I can confirm it only allows one request at a time.  We currently don't have any provisioning to work around that. It's a possibility to add in the future though.

What you can do for now is start a recording, then play the active recording - albeit you can only do that from apps that support playing active recordings, which right now is limited to the  mobile apps but we are working to get the feature added to all of them.

rholborok

thanks I removed the attachments since it had my password in them ... whoops.

Either way, I have a combo of two different sources from different places, I know that one I was not paying for two streams. Let me ensure that I am clicking ones that were in fact able to do two streams. Sorry

Sorry but the first one definitely does not. You can easily verify yourself. Put the url into your browser address bar and hit enter. The browser will start downloading the stream. Now open a new tab and do the same thing, the browser will start downloading a second copy of the stream and the first one will abruptly terminate.

maegibbons

Hi

I too have 2 allowed streams from my supplier and can view amd/or record two at once without issue. 

Its only when i start a 3rd that the 1st terminates.

It works well although my current supplier is a bit flaky.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Hey I got it worked out, it was the supplier. Out of curiousity who do you use and what does it cost?

I use softiptv.com - 10 euro a month per stream.

However not that impressed with them.  Difficult to get hold of and a few outages.  I will be looking elsewhere in new year.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons