Only one media folder added to library

tempest77

tempest77

I am running Emby Server backend for my Kodi frontend. I have files stored in two different network drives that are both the same media type. If I add both folders to one Media Library, only one (the same one each time) is scanned properly. However, if I add either individually, they are scanned properly. Any idea why this would be happening?

Edited by tempest77

tempest77

I am trying to add them as separate Media Libraries, which seems to work. I'll have to see how that affects the Kodi presentation, though.

tempest77

Hi, what version of Emby Server? thanks.

Version 3.0.8500.0 currently installed on Ubuntu 14.04

Edited by tempest77

tempest77

Thanks for reporting back.

No luck. Added the second folder to the library with the first folder, and only the second folder is shown again. Removed it, and the first folder is back.

tempest77

@@Luke, I can post screenshots, but I'm not sure how much it would help. Here's a more in depth explanation:

I have two folders both with TV media in them, but they are on two different computers. I'll call one TVServer1 (~232 folders), and the other TVServer2 (~62 folders). Under Manage Server -> Library, I have four media libraries: Music, Movies, TV1 , and TV2.

Music has one source with many folders under it. Movies has two sources (on the same computers as the TV folders), and everything shows up properly. However, per my issue, I've had to add two different "media libraries", one each for TVServer1 and TVServer2. If I add the TVServer2 folder to the TV1 Library, the TVServer1 files disappear from "My Media". Conversely, if I add the TVServer1 folder to the TV2 library, I still only see the TVServer 2 files (although it takes a long time to scan the library, like it's adding the files properly, but they're not displayed). 

Edited by tempest77

Once you've added the path, also check and see if the content is displayed in the metadata manager. thanks.

tempest77

Once you've added the path, also check and see if the content is displayed in the metadata manager. thanks.

I just checked, and it is not in the metadata manager either.

tempest77

@@Luke, this is offtopic, but I've been looking for half an hour - where is the fanart.tv api/login information stored? Or is that possible? I can't find anything that references it.

When this happens, can you find the content via the search feature? what if you create a new emby user with access to all libraries. can that user see them? thanks !

tempest77

When this happens, can you find the content via the search feature? what if you create a new emby user with access to all libraries. can that user see them? thanks !

No to both.

Hi @@tempest77, can you check and make sure that the folders aren't marked as hidden? There was a similar issue reported by another user and it turned out the folder was marked hidden:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42526-scanning-for-music-yields-no-results/page-2&do=findComment&comment=400976

Let us know if this helps. Thanks !