Use EPG metadata instead of thetvdb for recordings

cncb

It would be better to use EPG metadata instead of thetvdb for recordings.  This is especially the case for PBS kids programs, where they group multiple episodes together in the EPG but list them individually in thetvdb.  So, the episode title is totally off from thetvdb.  Also, recently The Late Show With Stephen Colbert is one episode off on thetvdb relative to the EPG. 

• 1 month later...

Has this been changed? If so is there a setting that I need to modify for recorded shows? I've been struggling with this issue on recorded shows as well. 

On a related note, where does Schedules Direct get it's data? In order to make the "dont record shows in my database" feature, i'd need to align my existing shows with the schedules direct data.

Yes it has been changed. Try a new recording, and if you're still having an issue then we can go over it in detail. Thanks !

• 5 months later...
Chuggy

I'm still having some issues with a kids show, paw patrol. The guide is set to record any episode that we don't have. There are several that the guide doesn't match tvdb or imdb. For example, season 3 ep 4 is "air pups" in the guide, but episode 5 on imdb. This causes emby to think we don't have the episode and it records it every time it's on.

The guide data needs to have the correct episode number in order for that to work. There's not much we can do about that.

Gracenote but the easiest solution is probably to disable internet metadata for your recordings library.

Exactly. If you just use the metadata from the guide as-is, then in most cases you shouldn't see duplicated recordings.