Confused!!

geaves
Go to solution Solved by geaves,

Set up a new install on a new server Ubuntu 16.04, set up fstab (movies and tvshows are on nas box) noticed the chnage in how the folders are set up, this is now Ok.

However, I have a thread open in plugins for the auto box set...ignore that for a minute. I decided to add a movie to the nas, Ok refresh and that appeared in mount on Ubuntu.

Scan Library....painless....but although Metadata Manager finds all the images they do not appear in the movie folder, even though I have that option checked. There is an nfo file....but it's blank.

So I'm confused insomuch that I have the option checked to save metadata and images in the movie folder, but there is nothing there and the nfo is empty.......but the movie appears to display correctly, it even has the collections id. What have I not done? 

I have added the latest server log file server-63617329025.txt

No.....but my brain cell kicked in....this appears to be a permissions issue....changed that and the nfo populated but still no images even though they appear in Emby....

Jdiesel

Changes to metadata locations may only apply to new media, existing images and nfo's will not be moved if I recall correctly. You can confirm by manually refreshing an entry and if that works the best way to redo the entire lot would likely be to re-add your entire library. 

As for permissions, I changed the user Emby runs as and it cleared up all my permission issues. All my "media" related apps run as the same user and all folders where media is stored are owned by said user.

If you are interested in doing this edit "/etc/emby-server.conf" and change the user and group. Also change the ownership of  "/var/lib/emby-server" to the same user/group.

Edited by Jdiesel

Make sure to enable saving metadata to local media folders for that library

I've done that....that's why I can't figure it out.

Changes to metadata locations may only apply to new media, existing images and nfo's will not be moved if I recall correctly. You can confirm by manually refreshing an entry and if that works the best way to redo the entire lot would likely be to re-add your entire library. 

As for permissions, I changed the user Emby runs as and it cleared up all my permission issues. All my "media" related apps run as the same user and all folders where media is stored are owned by said user.

If you are interested in doing this edit "/etc/emby-server.conf" and change the user and group. Also change the ownership of  "/var/lib/emby-server" to the same user/group.

That would make sense.....but mine are set to everyone both on the nas smb share and the fstab entry....but when I checked the permissions on my W10 of that nfo the permissions were not populating......changed it via W10 and the nfo writes......after doing a refresh and a library scan.

When did you do that?

When I set Emby up initially......I decided to try a new movie because of the collections issue....so copied the movie to the movies on nas (all my films have their own folder) then ran a manual scan and watched the folder from my W10 machine....alI I got was a blank nfo but the movie displayed perfectly in Emby including actors...quite impressive.....it's just the blank nfo and the images there somewhere within the folder structure.....

Maybe you didn't enable the checkbox until after the content was added.

I would suggest adding a new movie to your library and see what happens with that. Thanks.

• Solution

A clean install and ensuring settings were correct before adding library has resolved my own error  :rolleyes:

• Like 1