Remote Control Not Working on Casted Recordings

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

I am using my Android phone to cast to my Qbox Running Android TV.

I am casting recorded live TV which plays fine.

When I bring up the remote, Pause, Stop and Mute work fine but rewind and fast forward do not.

Is this a known issue?

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

I press rewind and fast forward and there is no change in the position marker.  The stream just keeps on playing normally.  It does not jump forward or backwards by any amount.

Hence does not Work.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

It is android mobile controlling android tv.

If you move the slider then that works but move left and move right buttons do nothing. Play stop and mute all work.

Mark

Hi @@maegibbons, I believe those buttons are actually next/previous track, and because the remote control app is not currently aware of the tv apps' now playing queue, it does not disable those buttons when there is only one track. but that is certainly an improvement we should make in the future.

maegibbons

Oh OK.  So currently no way to advance or rewind 30 secs when casting then.  Only way to move position is by slider. 

The slider is very difficult to control for a couple mins skip over adverts.

But fully undersytand that "We are going as fast as we can to bring you guys what you want"

KR's

Mark

I think we can easily improve it quickly just by having the slider take up the full width of the screen, then the increments won't be quite as big.