chocolate: minor usability annoyance

af22

First, I want to say my favorite theme so far is Chocolate (I have been using it before it became the default theme).  I believe I'm running MBC with the latest beta.

I have a minor usability annoyance.  At the home screen.  You can keep hitting up arrow and it will stop at the [user/setting] container.  However, if you keep hitting the down arrow, it will cycle through.  My usability annoyance is sometimes i can't quickly find which container i'm selected on [user/setting] [weather] [latest] [media folders].  I want to keep hitting the down arrow to get to the bottom and stop at my [media folders], except it'll just loop through and i have to find where I am again. 

• Like 2

CBers

That looks good ebr.

Can the scrolling through all of the elements be amended, so root items is one end and the settings the other? Make it so you have to go up or down and not endlessly cycle through them.

what about changing the color of the text to highlight the collection you are on? Better than the colored rectangle imo. Text color could be made user configurable too.

How about this for making it more obvious when the root items are selected:

Yep, that'll do it.  Thanks!

what about changing the color of the text to highlight the collection you are on? Better than the colored rectangle imo. Text color could be made user configurable too.

The current item is already much brighter than the non-current ones.  I like the background highlight because that is consistent with other focus indicators in other views (lists and buttons).

Color would be highly personal preference and I don't want to create 1,000 obscure options that need to be tweaked.

mentasm

Having the bottom scroll limit at the collection levewl will improve my experience heaps.  So often I end up in the weather section at the top and have to navigate 3 or so times to get back down

I'm really liking the Chocolate theme since switching over, but one thing I miss from Subdued is being able to play unwatched items on the home screen directly by pressing play on my remote with one selected.  Am I missing an option somewhere, or does that not currently work in Chocolate?

mentasm

Thanks so much @@ebr , the navigation and highlight tweaks have really improved the usability of the EHS for me.  WAF at all time high.

Edited by mentasm

MrWebsmith

can you go in and mark his answer as the accepted one, so that it will mark the issue closed and ebr can get some tiny sliver of space on his mental "plate" back ;)

BATTLE DONKEY

Not the same issue but the same thing happens on the custom details view when scrolling down thru seasons quickly it always jumps back to the top of the screen, kind of a pain when trying to scroll thru 20+ seasons and it constantly jumps back up to the top of the page instead of stopping on the last available season