Spinning Circle

Marc_G

Hi folks,

Sometimes, in Emby Theater (multiple installations on different hardware), I've seen what I call the Spinning Circle of Death. It persists through whatever screen you happen to be in, follows you as you navigate, and prevents you from starting playback.

I went to the settings screen, and it followed me on my navigation there.  Here it is, clipped from the screen where you can pick assorted actions:

post-489-0-20267900-1481494258_thumb.jpg

Also here's a log: (attached)

The fix is to exit and restart ET.

Curious to know what causes it and how to get out of this mode without having to end the process.

Thanks!

theater-63617011200.txt

Guest asrequested

The only time I've seen this is when I've clicked on something, and for whatever reason there's been an issue with that function, and it keeps trying to do it. For example, I'm trying to play a file that it's having trouble accessing / streaming, it keeps trying for a while.

On a slightly related note, periodically the circle will appear momentarily while I'm watching live tv. 

PrincessClevage

Hi folks,

Sometimes, in Emby Theater (multiple installations on different hardware), I've seen what I call the Spinning Circle of Death. It persists through whatever screen you happen to be in, follows you as you navigate, and prevents you from starting playback.

I went to the settings screen, and it followed me on my navigation there. Here it is, clipped from the screen where you can pick assorted actions:

attachicon.gifCOD.jpg

Also here's a log: (attached)

The fix is to exit and restart ET.

Curious to know what causes it and how to get out of this mode without having to end the process.

Thanks!

I get this all the time now with certain tv channels not playing after resuming from low power state (s3) only started happening after a recent auto update (electron in release notes). I basically give up on raising bug notices for things that were previously working in production system and get auto broken with no permanent roll back option available so now looking into testing alternate platform options

puithove

On a slightly related note, periodically the circle will appear momentarily while I'm watching live tv. 

I've noticed this too.  I haven't timed it, but it seems to be on a fixed period... so I've kinda wondered if it's doing something on a schedule like refreshing the guide in the background (since it is only during LiveTV playback)

Guest asrequested

I've noticed this too. I haven't timed it, but it seems to be on a fixed period... so I've kinda wondered if it's doing something on a schedule like refreshing the guide in the background (since it is only during LiveTV playback)

I was thinking the same thing.