Minor Anomaly Kills Playback Only on ET

pir8radio

pir8radio

No and No...  Tried both settings...  same thing... 

Not sure if this helps at all, but if I use FFMPEG to create a second copy of this movie using these settings, it plays fine in ET...  This is my ffmpeg batch file I use to "fix" these files that have the glitches...  But I would rather keep the original dvd remux copies if I can. 

"ffmpeg.exe" -ss 00:00:00.771 -fflags +genpts -i "%%a" -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*5)" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -b:v 19680000 -maxrate 19680000 -bufsize 39360000 -vsync -1 -profile:v high -level 41 -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -acodec copy -y "FIXED_%%~na.mkv"
Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

I'm going to sleep on this one guys!   Hopefully someone thinks of something..

Thanks again!

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

I'm by no means a video guru, I'm more hardware, network, and programming lol...    Any suggestions for a free software that will let me do that to the MKV directly without having to do all kinds of crazy stuff?

Jdiesel

You could try something like this:

ffmpeg -i movie.mkv -ss 00:50:00 -t 00:52:00 -async 1 -c copy output.mkv

pir8radio

Ok  <REMOVED LINK>    I'll delete this file at the end of the day today.  Its right after the dude pukes.

Not sure this will help much, I opened with MKVToolNix and none of the other audio tracks and what not are in there...   so its not an EXACT copy...  but let me know what you see!

Edited by pir8radio

Guest asrequested

It plays through it for me. If you put that clip in your library, does is play through? If it does, then this would seem to be a container splitting issue, which was rectified with mkvtoolnix. 

Guest asrequested

@@babgvant what would altering these do? Could it help?

<MaxQueueMemSize>256</MaxQueueMemSize>

<MaxQueueSize>350</MaxQueueSize>

I've also increased my network stream analysis to 2000

Edited by Doofus

pir8radio

So, mine played through the glitch as well.....      I guess i could just remux it and see what happens, that is a pretty quick process...  Any advice for an ffmpeg string that will do an exact copy/remux with all audio tracks..  I wouldn't mind stripping the embedded subtitles and images.   I want an ffmpeg string I can use on all of my movies to "clean them up" as an automated process...  Yet there are so many ffmpeg options...  Input would be appreciated.

Edited by pir8radio

Guest asrequested

Just use mkvtoolnix. That's what I do. It'll clean up the container, and you'll be able to re-organize the tracks, if necessary. I haven't tried multiple files, but it does have a job queue 

Jdiesel

@@pir8radio How common are these glitches for you? Is this Suicide Squad file a one off or are so seeing with lots of other files as well?

On a side note it may be worth testing on MPC-HC with LAV to see if is a LAV issue or an Emby one. Would hate to see you spend too much time remuxing all your videos.

pir8radio

Well, I mean I have 500 or so Movies, and have recently been uhm....  Transporting remuxed bluerays from a remote location..   :ph34r:   So on these larger 30+ gig transports, even though they pass the recheck, seem to have some chunks corrupt.   Only about 10, random, of the most recent files have had issues, I have had these happen 1 or so out of 20 in the past but with the larger files I've been seeing more of this..  Its possible my PC has some bad ram or something that is causing this and I hope to find/fix soon.   So remuxing 10 shouldn't be so bad...  I guess I got into the mindset that this is "normal" with large transports, you never know what will go goofy.  I just found it weird that ET was the only guy having issues, so I jumped to the conclusion that "maybe there is a setting or something that can look over these occasional issues within ET" and posted this thread.   I would like to get to the bottom of it though like you say, to determine why ET is different from everyone else. 

Guest asrequested

Yeah, that's why I've got a shout-out to Babgvant. Maybe there's a way to increase resilience. 

Edited by Doofus

pir8radio

Well I used ffmpeg to remux my problem movie and it played through the bad spot.  I used this string.

ffmpeg.exe -i problem.mkv -map 0 -async 1 -c copy fixed.mkv and it worked fine, carried over all subtitles and audio tracks, as well as attached images.

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

And for anyone else having similar glitches while "migrating" your movies via bit torrent....    It appears I had some bad RAM in my linux (ubuntu) machine that I used qBittorrent on..   The OS had no noticeable issues, no warnings, the torrents would fail the first few rechecks, but then automatically DL the damaged parts, In the end the file was checked by the torrent client and deemed good!  Which is strange to me..  Confirmed on multiple clients (transmission, deluge) very strange to me that these damaged files can pass a re-check.  Oh well  FYI in case anyone else is dealing with random anomalies in a file that was encoded correctly.

Again thanks for everyone's help.

Edited by pir8radio