Windows 10 clean install of Emby Theater, almost perfect, small problem with Live TV

clarkss12
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Guest asrequested

I changed to your settings, eveything worked except the DXVA2copyback acceleration, had to change it back to "Auto".  It is now playing with "Direct Playing" and Dolby D, awesome.  Will monitor to see how it plays, and see if the volume keeps dropping like some other videos.  

And you've set your AVR as your WASAPI device?

584c7e8948e17_Snapshot_394.jpg

clarkss12

Been watching "A Christmas Story" for about an hour now and it plays very well with "Direct Playing".  Like the other videos, there is an occasional audio "sag", not really a drop out of audio, just volume drops a little.  Not sure it is due to this server software or some other causes like network or devices that are storing my media.

Anyway I am attaching a log, if any one cares to take a look.  The last volume "sag" was around the 18:01 mark, give or take a few seconds.

I would classify watching this video in its present condition of comfort level of 98 of 100, not perfect but almost.

Watched "Home Alone" last night (only half of it), but the comfort level would be about 92 of 100 because of the audio volume drops. 

Edit:  192.168.10.103 is my Tronsmart Ara X5 running both server and ET that I am playing the movie on.

192.168.10.102 is my Windows 7 desktop PC that I am monitoring the Emby dashboard

192.168.10.74 is my Synology NAS that I am playing this movie from.

192.168.10.111 is my WD NAS, but not playing any media from it, but it shows up in the log during that time frame.

A Christmas Story server log.txt

Edited by clarkss12

Jdiesel

Can you reproduce the audio sags on another player (VLC or MPC)? If it is direct playing the issues is definently on the client end of things.

clarkss12

Can you reproduce the audio sags on another player (VLC or MPC)? If it is direct playing the issues is definently on the client end of things.

I will test it later on VLC.

Even that is an apples to oranges comparison because correct me if i'm wrong but vlc does not have wasapi output.

clarkss12

True, MPC-HC with LAV would be a better comparison.

OK

Testing now with MPC.  Will test for half an hour and report.

Edited by clarkss12

Jdiesel

Could be the media file itself or maybe a dynamic range setting on your AVR. On Denon AVRs it usually called Dynamic Volume. My bet is the file itself.

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 1

clarkss12

Could be the media file itself or maybe a dynamic range setting on your AVR. On Denon AVRs it usually called Dynamic Volume. My bet is the file itself.

Yes it could be the file.  Have not tested it on other devices or different storage devices.  

Guest asrequested

Yes it could be the file.  Have not tested it on other devices or different storage devices.  

Share a sample of the file

Guest asrequested

Amazing, made a couple of adjustments per your suggestion, played "Home Alone" again (had bad volume drops yesterday) and NO volume drops at all for about 30 minutes of playing.

I'm glad we could resolve your issue :)

• 4 months later...