Block external access to server per user

kingy444

kingy444

I would like to be able to lock down access to my emby server external to my home lan to only certain users.

The purpose of this would be to remove the ability for accounts with admin rights to be able to access my media remotely. ie. Only allow accounts that can view mesia, not those that can access the admin dashboard

I see other applications of this though, such as people with low bandwidth who would want to restrict access remotely from some users to prevent them streaming externally.

Hopefully not difficult and something that can be added to a user account.

I would basically expect the check to first of all say, is remote logon allowed, if yes preceed as it doesnt matter, if no, check that the requedting IP is in the same subnet before providing an auth token to the user.

• Like 3

kingy444

On that note, somethibg additional i noticed an hour ago.

So I realise that you would need an API key anyway. And I didn't have an external computer to test on, but is the swagger UI currently exposed to the Internet when you have remote access enabled?

Figure maybe this should be local only ?

Edited by kingy444

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Beginning with the next release of Emby Server, you'll be able to restrict incoming traffic by IP address:

5a9a433f9018d_Untitled.png

Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
shadowchops

Do you know, roughly, when you plan to release this Luke?

Beginning with the next release of Emby Server, you'll be able to restrict incoming traffic by IP address:

5a9a433f9018d_Untitled.png

Enjoy.