Synology 1812+ not seeing updates anymore (beta)

shad0h
Go to solution Solved by Darkjeje,

Hi team, 

My Synology 1812+ installation of beta has not seen an update via the package manager since 3.1.235

I know that they are not all pushed, and I know they have been coming pretty fast on the heals of the previous one, but I don't think it should have managed to get this far along without catching an update.

Any suggestions ?

Regards, 

Shane

• Solution
Darkjeje

I think it is solabc16 how push news version of Emby for Synology and I think it is in holiday ;)

• Like 1

AlwinHummels

If you can't realy wait like me  :P

you can easily update it yourself with WinSCP and the source files from  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

download and extract the Emby.Mono.zip file and copy the extracted files to /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/server.

I know this isn't optimal and not advisable but it works for me.

WARNING!!! Use at your own risk!!!

Edited by AlwinHummels

Thanks guys, 

yes I am already manually updating via Github and have been for quite a long time. Normally Package Center catches up a day or so later.

I didn't realise that James was away on holidays, so that makes perfect sense why releases were coming out but not pushed to Synology.

Thanks to you both !

Regards, 

Shane

solabc16

Hello All

In the slightly longer breather between stables than we usually have, I've been taking the time to address some of major items that were left on my list for this year :)

Details of which you'll see in the release notes displayed in Package Center.

As you've just spotted, 3.1.248-beta is now available for download and install.

For the most part, you can do what @@AlwinHummels details above, but it's likely that some features will not work or not work correctly; but by all means give it a go if you're eager.

As well noted: "WARNING!!! Use at your own risk!!!"

If you do update this way, make sure you do install a package release periodically to make sure everything is updated correctly.

Best

- James

• Like 3