Blu-ray folders won't play consistently.

elee532

I am unable to get Blu-ray folders to play consistently using latest version of MB Classic, Windows 8.1, and Total Media Theater 6. I'll get a movie to play, stop it, select another movie, and the next movie won't load. It acts like it's loading, but after a few seconds it bounces back to the info screen about that movie in MB. I can usually get it to work again by removing the player in MB Configurator, rebooting the PC, adding the player back. However, it works for one movie, and then not again.

My DVD collection works just fine.

Any advice? Thanks!

How did you setup the player?  If you did it with the TMT5 profile, try using the generic one instead.

I did use the Generic profile, player path \uMCEPlayer6.exe, Arguments (0).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling TMT... didn't make a difference.

Any other thoughts? I am at a loss as to what else to even consider. I feel like I've now blown $700+ on a HTPC that can't do one of the core things I was aiming for. My thanks in advance for any other ideas!

I'd need to see a MBC log to help much more but the Arguments should be {0} not (0).  I assume that was just a typo though.

You are correct, (0) was an error. I attached what I hope are the correct log files after trying to play two different Blu-ray folders. Sometimes it played fine, sometimes not.

Configurator-122014ed61d97c6dc24ea0b99b372266cb2373.log

Configurator-1220149ccfcd156db34a0398f3eb0d28a39ac6.log

MBClassic-1220149e81f0dbb80143a1be1b42d2da8e0f3d.log

MBClassic-12201465d79a2f3bc54b78b736c7c8695a2ad4.log

I see a couple of things right off the bat.

1) You are on a very old version of MBC.  Update it.

2) You are using mapped drive letters instead of UNC paths for your library setup.  Change that to UNC paths.

Thanks ebr.

I did update a few weeks back (Version 3.0.117.0, I think). The problem seemed to get worse, and so I rolled back using Windows System Restore. I'll give the latest update another shot and see what happens.

Also, my library is on a local USB drive. Should I still setup using a UNC path?

Thank you!

If everything is one machine it will still work now.  But using UNC paths would future-proof you to when you might have more machines that want access to it.

Hi again ebr. I upgraded to Version 3.0.117.0 and changed to UNC paths. It seems the problem has gotten worse. Now my Blu-ray folders never load. I attached updated log files. Thanks so much for your help!

Configurator-2220147832936d70564279879daffb06691a30.log

MBClassic-2220147fd9e57499be433480853c6ed0b0b601.log

MBClassic-222014641a5141105d48ddabf7f52b9e4f234d.log

MBClassic-2220146877517c659e4a61a916675e75bf38ec.log

Can you please start up MBC and try to play one of your BD folder rips, let it fail and then just post that one log?  There is a ton of all kinds of activity in all of those log files and that would save me a lot of time.  Thx.

It looks like everything is working fine on our end.  Whatever is going wrong is going wrong with TMT.

Have you tried launching the desktop version instead of the MCE version?

If I load the folders manually using the desktop version of TMT, they play fine 100% of the time. If I change the Media Browser configuration to load the desktop version, then I get the same behavior where the blu-ray folder only plays sporadically.

I'll reach out to TMT support and see what they have to say. Thank you ebr!