Several Issues with FTV2 (DTS transcoding, subtitles, chapters)

ilia.smirnov

ilia.smirnov

Hi!

Fire TV2, Emby server 3.0.8500.0 on Synology, Emby app 1.2.77a.

When trying to play a movie several problems appear:

1. DTS audio transcoding to Dolby Digital 5.1 - I can see it in on my receiver. DTS bitstream option in app enabled. Just like on this thread - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40994-dts-audio-tracks-transcoding/

2. When trying to load russian subtitles there's a long message "subtitles loading..." and then error "unable to load". English subs appear ok.

3. When trying to change chapter or skip about 3-4 minutes forward - movie restarts from the beginning with default audio track and subs disabled.

Tried to clear cache, reinstall app on FTV - doesn't change anything. Also tried to switch to version 1.2.77g from google play store - it doesn't work correctly on fire tv :(

Hope logs help to understand.

ffmpeg log.txt

server log.txt

No, you cannot install the Google version on a Fire.

1) I could have sworn that I originally confirmed DTS bitstreaming on the Fire but I cannot get it to work now either.  I'm wondering if it really never supported it.  Can anyone confirm they got DTS to bitstream on a Fire TV device?

2) Do those same subtitles work from the web app?  Do they work if you try a second time?  If not, please send a log from the app from when you attempt to load them and get the error.  Please be sure to provide all the info asked for.

3) Please send a separate log from the app when this occurs.  

Thanks.

ilia.smirnov

No, you cannot install the Google version on a Fire.

1) I could have sworn that I originally confirmed DTS bitstreaming on the Fire but I cannot get it to work now either.  I'm wondering if it really never supported it.  Can anyone confirm they got DTS to bitstream on a Fire TV device?

2) Do those same subtitles work from the web app?  Do they work if you try a second time?  If not, please send a log from the app from when you attempt to load them and get the error.  Please be sure to provide all the info asked for.

3) Please send a separate log from the app when this occurs.  

Thanks.

Hello!

Thanks for quick answer.

2) Yes, they works in web app and now, when I try a second time, works in Fire TV also. So - whats the workaround to use the subs?

3) I've sent it to you via app at 22:33 GMT+3. Username is ilia.smirnov. I'm enabled the debug options, then started to play a movie (2014 A.Girl.Walks.Home.Alone.At.Night.mkv) - it started ok, i've switched sound to the second audio track, then tried to change chapter (to about 6 minutes into the movie) - movie restarts. Then I've tried to fast forward to about 3 minutes - it restarts again. Then I've stop the movie and sent logs.

The issue is we extract the subtitles on the fly in order to send them down to the app as text. Sometimes this can take a little time, so the video player probably timed out the first time. But eventually the server completed the extraction, then the result is saved and that's why it succeeds the next time.

Please note, for the next release of Emby Server the extraction process should be faster. Thanks !

ilia.smirnov

Another bug - when I try to switch audio nothing really happens on FTV. In the web app language switches, but via FTV - app shows that it switched the audio but plays the same one. Logs sent - 15:51 GMT+3, username is ilia.smirnov, Suicide.Squad.EXTENDED.2016.1080p.WEB-DL.Rus.iTunes+Матвеев.mkv.

BTW - via web app this movie plays sluggish, i guess the server is transcoding it.

Edited by ilia.smirnov

You said above that you had successfully switched audio tracks...

My question on the seeking problem is, if you don't switch audio tracks first, does seeking work properly?

ilia.smirnov

It was another file/movie - the first one. On that I can switch audio ok, but seeking doesn't work no matter what audio is.

On the second movie - seeking works, but I can't switch to the audio.

It was another file/movie - the first one. On that I can switch audio ok, but seeking doesn't work no matter what audio is.

Meaning you attempted the seek without first requesting an audio change...?

I cannot explain why that is happening nor reproduce it but the app is undergoing some major player updates right now so I guess we'll see if that solves it.