How do I access from another device?

jimboz333
Go to solution Solved by Koleckai Silvestri,

jimboz333

I have tried restarting my computer.  I have reinstalled the browser.  Deleted antivirus, checked the firewall and the ports.  I don't have it setup to start automatically so it shouldn't be running twice... The web interface works, I just can't connect to the router through either Roku or my Iphone.  Is there any one who has any other ideas?  I am willing to allow someone more adapt at this to login through team viewer.  I will attach the most recent log but I don't think it is throwing any errors, I attempted to attach the most recent logs, but they are too big to be attached.  

Koleckai Silvestri

Make sure the ports used by the server are open in your machine's firewall. 8096 especially. Open it for incoming and outgoing requests. The install seems to do this automatically for Windows Firewall but probably doesn't work for other firewall utilities.

If the server machine is on a different subnet, you will need to implement port forwarding in the router.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 1

jimboz333

Wayne,  I had done all of that with the help of Bloodtaker on here.  I am not sure how to be positive that the settings are still set that way.  I am a total newbie when it comes to this and my knowledge is more luck  than anything else.  Is it possible for you to help?

• Solution
Koleckai Silvestri

Do you have UPNP (Universal Plug and Play) enabled on the server machine? Clients on the same network segment or LAN will try to find the server via UPNP by broadcasting on UDP port 7359. A broadcast goes to all devices on the LAN. Mediaserver will answer if it see this broadcast. The clients will then use its IP address. Should this fail, you need to add the IP address manually. 

I hope you're on Windows 7 because I don't have a Windows 8 Machine currently.

1) On your server go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center.

2) Click on Local Area Connection and you'll get a popup dialog box with some information about traffic.

3) Click on the Details Button. It will list a bunch of numbers. One of which will be the machine's IPv4 address. Note that down. All four segments.

To test if it is accessible go to any device's browser and type in the IP Address from step 3 immediately followed by :8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html . You should get the web client. For example my server the URL would be 192.168.0.3:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html. 

iPhone:

1) Open Media Browser App

2) Tap the Gear Icon

3) Tap Server Configuration

4) Make sure the server IP matches the one you obtained above.

Same thing on the Roku.

• Like 1