Closing browser vs signing out

mjktg99

mjktg99

When I log into emby via a browser, if I didnt sign out of the previous user I always get logged into that previous user no matter what credentials I sign in with.  I have to sign out via the interface to sign into a new user.  

Example..

> Sign into http://myembyserver:8096/emby/web/login.html with adminaccount

> close browser

>launch browser again (time doesnt seem to affect this as it can be weeks inbetween my broswer launches)

>sign in with USER.  I enter credentials for user and when I am signed in, I am actually in the admin account.  

The only way around this is to actually sign out.  I would think putting in the credentials would force me to go in as that user, but its actually going into the previously logged in users account.

I tested this on chrome and edge.

serverlog.txt

Happy2Play

I would have to make so account differences, but yes there is a Browser Refresh issue when doing this.  After you Refresh the browser everything normalizes.  Activitiy log shows different users accessing.

Doing this logins non-admin user with admin access didn't test it they could change anything since a browser refresh corrects the glitch.

Okay had to test and got "User does not have admin access." in log, trying to make user an admin.  So they can see but not change.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

The only real way this can happen is if you are using a bookmark to the login page or manually launching login page.

Edited by Happy2Play

mjktg99

The only real way this can happen is if you are using a bookmark to the login page or manually launching login page.

i do have the page bookmarked.