Googledrive direct play

screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi,

I am having an issue playing anything synced to google drive from Emby. The film or show starts to play but after about a minutes starts being choppy. Then I am not able to control the app and have to restart it as it crashes. I can see the file is direct playing when I check on the server. I have tried different sync settings original, baseline and general. Can anyone help?

Thanks

If you can provide some more detailed information on a specific example I'm sure we can.  Please see: How to Report a Problem

My suspicion is that the bandwidth isn't acceptable for whatever you are trying to stream but that shouldn't make the program crash so I definitely want details on what causes that.

If you are using the default auto bitrate setting it may have a deficiency in this case because it would measure the available bandwidth to your server but then you actually end up trying to stream off of a remote one (Google).  So, you might try some lower fixed settings and see if that improves it as well.

Thanks.

screwfaze

Hi,

I have sent the debug log from the app at 00:30 the name of the user logged in is aminah. Please let me know what other info you need.

Thanks

It appears VLC is crashing on the content.  I'm not sure if it is due to it not getting fed the item fast enough or what.  It appears to play fine for a while and then VLC starts spitting out errors and finally just shuts down without calling our error handler.

If you take this same file and try and play it locally what happens?  I mean the exact same file that is on Google drive, not the original copy in your server now.

Also, what kind of internet connection speed do you have?

screwfaze

Hi,

I have played the same file on my phone from google drive and plays just fine. I have fibre 100Mb. Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have played the same file on my phone from google drive and plays just fine. I have fibre 100Mb. Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks.

That isn't really the same comparison.

Can you take the resulting synced file and make it its own library item (by putting it somewhere on your local file system) and then try to play it from the TV app?

screwfaze

Hi,

I have downloaded the file from drive and added to my library as you said and it plays just fine. I have sent the logs at 12:11am the file is called rick test.

Thanks

Okay, so that tells me that the most likely problem is some sort of disruption or corruption of the connection between the device and the Google drive.  Not sure what we can do here but we are in the process of updating the player(s) in the app right now so maybe that will help somehow.