Is there a way to disable the "next" lower-thirds or shorten the trigger time?

phi303

Most of my TV media doesn't have credits at the end and the lower-thirds notification for what's coming up next is often very intrusive especially at 40sec (sometimes at the height of a cliff-hanger). Anyway change the trigger time, screen real-estate, opacity? Or is there a way I can remove it all together? 

Sorry if this was already asked before, I can't seem to get the forum search to work.

arrbee99

Just spotted this post and would +1 it. In my case it would be on the FireTV, at the end of a TV episode.

CBers

Hit the "back" button on your remote...

This was raised months ago and fixed by, as ebr says, pressing the back button to hide the big PLAY NEXT dialog box, which then gives a smaller, less intrusive PLAY NEXT dialog box.

Press back again and it disappears.

This was raised months ago and fixed by, as ebr says, pressing the back button to hide the big PLAY NEXT dialog box, which then gives a smaller, less intrusive PLAY NEXT dialog box.

Press back again and it disappears.

ahh so it's an app issue that cannot be user adjusted. maybe a possible future feature where we can can choose what it looks like or even toggle it on/off.

ahh so it's an app issue that cannot be user adjusted. maybe a possible future feature where we can can choose what it looks like or even toggle it on/off.

Have you tried hitting the back button on your remote?

arrbee99

Apologies to phi303 and ebr for butting in again, but would it work if you swapped the views around, so the small view is the default ?

Otherwise would it be possible to make the option sticky (unless it already is), so that if you've pressed the back button to make it smaller, it retains that as your personal default.

Just a thought, can't get near a TV at the moment to explore anyway.

Have you tried hitting the back button on your remote?

two "back" taps definitely helps but the interruption can still be pretty blaring.

i was hoping there was a better solution than having to reach for the remote every time an episode is about to end, it'd be nice if the original dialogue was the size of how it looks after the first time you tap "back" - maybe next update? thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Apologies to phi303 and ebr for butting in again, but would it work if you swapped the views around, so the small view is the default ?

Otherwise would it be possible to make the option sticky (unless it already is), so that if you've pressed the back button to make it smaller, it retains that as your personal default.

Just a thought, can't get near a TV at the moment to explore anyway.

is there an option to be able to do that? if there is, that'd be awesome! i must have completely missed it if there is