Issue with some trailers

diaz1510

diaz1510

I've noticed that on a good portion of movie trailers from my collection, I get an error message popping up.  Not all movies but some of them.  I've got many of the movie trailers stored locally as well, but not all.  I don't have an issue with those.  Only the ones where I don't have the trailer locally stored.  I've got the trailer plugin but not sure if that has anything to do with it.

5841b8985bbf6_01.jpg

This was the page I got when trying to click on the trailer for my copy of Inception

5841b8cb31c1f_Untitled.jpg

But it happens to quite a few of my movies as well.

I am initialing thinking that it may be that the particular video that it links to on YouTube is either no longer available or protected somehow.  If that is the case, how can I either reset it or point it to a different YouTube link, as there are a number of (in this case) Inception trailers on YouTube?

Thanks

Edited by diaz1510

This is due to it trying to open up a kodi plugin url in the browser (notice the url).

I think this was an issue with the way the server was saving these urls in metadata a while ago. It has been corrected for future titles but will not repair existing ones. Try adding a new movie and see if the issue persists. Thanks.

diaz1510

Hmm, I noticed that some of the newer ones do work fine and link directly to youtube.  Is there anyway to manually correct the ones already loaded?  I've been going thru my movies that don't have the trailer locally stored and it's been a lot of the older ones so far.

Is there a metadata tag to manually add a trailer url?

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

Yup that worked!!  I just just found the link on YouTube myself and replaced it in the .nfo file, then restarted the server.  Worked like a charm.  I'll have to go one by each file to update it, but it'll work.

Would be cool if there was a box in the metadata manager to update this manually.  Kind of like, if left blank...will automatically do it, but if you want to point to a specific url, you can enter it in the metadata of the media.  Any chance that could ever happen?

diaz1510

Actually, as I was updating some of the messed up media files, I noticed something.

Here is an example of a movie that sends me to that failed link page when pressing the TRAILER button :

Idiocracy (2006), the line of code in the .nfo that pertains to the trailer is:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=clYwX8Z43zg</trailer>

If I cut the bolded text and paste it into a YouTube url, it will find the YouTube link and play it just fine within YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clYwX8Z43zg

However, here is an example of a movie that works just fine when pressing the TRAILER button:

Universal Soldier (1992), the line of code in that .nfo file that pertains to the trailer is:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=5Y7BWfIEfuo</trailer>

If I cut the bolded text and paste it into a YouTube url, it will find the YouTube link and play it just fine within YouTube as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y7BWfIEfuo

If I convert the line of code in either .nfo to:

<trailer>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx</trailer>

they both play just fine when pressing the TRAILER button

My question is, both lines of code in the .nfo files are identical in format, both have existing and unblocked YouTube content but only one works.  Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by diaz1510

A url starting with 

plugin://

will only work inside Kodi. A regular youtube url

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y7BWfIEfuo

will work anywhere. does that answer your question?

diaz1510

Yes, I understand that, but I don't use kodi and never have...and those links I was using as an example, I am using on the same PC, through the same browser. One works...one doesn't...

How is it that this one works just fine through the Firefox web client?

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=5Y7BWfIEfuo</trailer>

Edited by diaz1510