Removed films on the server keep showing up in kodi

eddedrukker

eddedrukker

Hi there, i notice it just , if i remove a film or serie on my emby server (win 10) it keeps showing up in my htpc with kodi library with the emby plugin.

I need to manual delete it from each client (htpc's with win 10 or win 8.1 kodi 16.1 or 17)

In kodi i have only the emby plugin configuerd with tv series and movies. I use on all htpc's the Aeon nox skin.

i thought that when i started a long time ago with emby plugin for kodi that this wasn't any problem, when kodi than started it syncs and the removed movie was not in the libary. If i remember good.

Is there anything changed? can someone help?

thanks

Im using the 2.3.22 beta emby pluginin for kodi, and the server is Versie 3.0.8500.0

I did remove the emby plugin from one client and reset the kodi library and did instal the 2.3.22 again but the movie i did delete from the server keeps showing up in kodi client. On the server is see in the metamanager that the movie is gone. ??

any idea's Someone?

Edited by eddedrukker

Angelblue05

@@eddedrukker

Can you grab your Kodi log when you see the problem happen to see why the content is not being deleted on the fly? Please see how to report a problem: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

You can run a manual sync to remove the content that no longer belongs (launch the emby addon > run manual sync)

Edited by Angelblue05

eddedrukker

when i delete a movie in kodi (emby option to delete from server) it removes the movie from the server and after a few seconds the movie is also gone in the kodi library on that pc. When my other htpc's with kodi are on than the movie is also delete on those, but only if they are on. When the other htpc's are in sleep mode and i wake them the movie is still present in the library on that partical machine. even after the emby start to sync from itself after wake from sleep.(i don't use the fast sync), If i do a manual scan from emby plugin it is still there!

i only can get it right to delete it from the library on that kodi htpc local.

I'm a little stuck here, watched status and resume work on the fly on ever machine when i wake them (living room, sleeproom, office), but removed movies or series are not when the other are at sleep state, only when all are on than it works?

eddedrukker

kodi on laptop was not on, i did remove a movie direct from the server (win 10 with latest emby server),then start kodi on the laptop, after normal start from emby plugin it has manuel sync but when i look in the movie library fom kodi (laptop) the movie is still there?

kodi.log

Edited by eddedrukker

CBers

I was going to post the same, as I had a movie show in Kodi that I deleted a few weeks back.

A database reset fixed that though :)

Edited by CBers

Angelblue05

Ok I will test the scenario later today, thanks for reporting. Note, we don't need Kodi debug enabled, please take the time to read the post How to report a problem I linked earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddedrukker

i did complete remove emby addon and clean library in kodi than installed stable version of emby and setup, than put laptop into sleep so kodi is off, than on another client removed a movie (that one sync rightaway) (so movie is gone from that kodiclient library) than went to the laptop, resume from sleep, start kodi on that machine, emby comes in and syncs, but there the movie is still in the library. It happens on all my clients they do a good sync when they are on but when a client is off than the movie that i removed is still there. New movies they are sync good even if the client is off, also watched state and resume state.

what can i do to get this right, if i remember it good this wasn't any problem a time ago.?

kodi.log

eddedrukker

I was reading in the forums, shoud i instal the fast startup sync plugin at the embyserver? Maybe this fixes my problem when a kodi client is off.

Angelblue05

I have yet to test. Can you wait I will within the hour and let you know the best course of action to resolving this, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I managed to replicate this. This only happens with a manual sync so I'm looking to fix it. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Found the issue, will release a new beta shortly.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Please give the latest beta version (2.3.24) a go, it should resolve this issue. Let me know :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

eddedrukker

Hi thanks, just installed beta and did some first tests on 4 clients (kodi) and it works now, i'll do some more test later today and let you know, but i think its ok now. Thanks

• Like 1