Latest FireOS and FreeTime, doesn't recognize my premiere status

gottafixthat

gottafixthat

Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this issue. With the latest FireOS update my kids can't use the Envy app anymore while using their profile. It works fine under mine, but I don't use the fire tablet at all, they're just for the kids because of the parental controls and other things I get with my FreeTime subscription.

With the latest FireOS update though, I can login to the server just fine and see all the media, but when it goes to play a video it asks me h to purchase the app or go premiere.

Nothing I've tried works, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing cache, etc. As I said it works fine on my (unrestricted, non FreeTime) account.

Anyone else experiencing this out have a workaround?

Are part of the restrictions the web sites that can be accessed?  Sounds like it may be blocking access to us under their account.  If you have the ability to whitelist something try mb3admin.com.

Yes it will need internet access to validate the Premiere subscription. It does not need internet access all the time, just periodically.

gottafixthat

Are part of the restrictions the web sites that can be accessed?  Sounds like it may be blocking access to us under their account.  If you have the ability to whitelist something try mb3admin.com.

That may be a possibility.  I did enable the new "kid safe" web browser option for their tablets.  I'll see if there is an option to add a site to the allowed list.  It is my understanding, though, that the new FreeTime browser restrictions are only present within the browser itself and not for all other apps.

I will also add that the Plex app can validate my PlexPass subscription, and I'm pretty sure they use a similar validation technique.

gottafixthat

How did you purchase Premiere?

I purchased it through the emby.media site and got a key emailed to me.

I finally got a chance to try whitelisting mb3admin.com and that still didn't fix the problem.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
psubsee2002

I wish I had advice on how to fix, but I just am coming in to say that this problem does not affect everyone. I have the Emby app working with the Fire OS and FreeTime, and never had an issue and did not have to white list any pages. All I did was download the app from my profile, add it to my son's profile, and it worked without a hitch.

Probably a long short, but have you tried asking Amazon support?