Organizing by topic and selectable bandwidth

simpz

I asked this on the Plex forum and it doesn't easily support what I want to do. 

I'm looking for a solution that allows you to organize by Media type whether Music, Movies, TV, Pictures etc. But I'd prefer (and seems to me much more sensibly) to organize by topic so all related materials are held in a single folder. So I could have say:

Comedy -> The Marx Brothers

And under that say, various folders with say "Flywheel, Shyster and Flywheel" (which is audio), "You Bet Your Life" (which is TV), "A Night at the Opera (1935)" (which is a movie) etc etc.

This seems more sensible (for me) to keep all material related by a single topic in one folder and in such a structure.

Does Emby allow this kind of structure? Rather than by file type structure?

I'm looking to browse all my media as a single file tree but I don't need my tree indexed (very happy with my structure). Then I want to be able to watch and listen to my media over low bandwidth links so need a transcode function for this. Can Emby do all this and can the clients be set to tune down (manually and/or automatically) the bandwidth being used for this?

Thanks

Hi, when setup your library, try selecting mixed content as the library type. Thanks.

Great, but how about the other things. Can I browse just as a file tree without any indexing and can the clients be set to tune down (manually and/or automatically) the bandwidth being used for streaming video and audio?