Multiple download tasks running at the same time

jhschulz

jhschulz

Hi,

while a download/synchronization is running, there is an android notification with a progress bar. Sometimes this progress bar jumps between two or more different positions (and the download is slow). It looks, as if there are two or more download tasks running at the same time, all of them downloading the same file(s) and all of them updating the progress bar to there current position. Most times they all write to the same file, but sometimes I had two or more files with "(2)", "(3)" added to the filename.

Sometimes this happens "by itself", but there are (at least) two ways to reproduce this behavior:

1) Select a (video) file for download and wait until the download process has started and the progress bar has some length. Now select another file for download, this seems to start another download task and the progress bar starts to jump between its original position and the start. Its getting worse, if you select even more files for download.

2) Click on the "sync" icon in the upper right corner of the downloads page while a download is already running. This seems to start another download task, each time.

• 2 months later...
shorty1483

Want to chime in since I currently sync some items to my Tablet. I long pressed 7 items and added them to download queue. Now I got a progress bar in the notification area that is showing no progress. Just the actual syncing movie and the bar is endlessly spinning. Is this desired behaviour?

58a96d964ce45_20170219_104849640x124.jpg

Also on the download page (Android and WebClient), it seems the percentage is really wrong. It shows 64,3 %, but there are just 2 from 7 movies sent to the Tablet. It also cannot be the percentage of actual movie since it's almost finished. Since 10 min. I see this 64,3 %. Is this percentage not live, so it just actualizes when an item is finished?

58a96d0943169_Screenshot_201702191058308

I would imagine that if I sync, the bar in the notification area shows me the live progress in % of the current movie tranferring and the Sync Overview page shows me the overall progress, when I enter a sync task it shows me the live stat of every item (finished, pending with %, waiting).

Edited by shorty1483