Notification stops live tv audio

Nathanio

Nathanio

Running v2.8.24 on an LG G4 v6.0 Marshmallow. When playing live TV through the app, if I get a notification it mutes the audio on the app but doesn't then re-enable after the notification stops.  

I can re-enable the audio by going and select the second audio track and then the first again. However, not all the channels have a second track and so then requires stopping and starting the track. 

I don't believe this happens when playing a h264, aac file.

• Like 1

Nathanio

I've never seen this before. I would ensure the volume on the device isn't turned down when this happens.

Already checked that. Video plays fine still. The only way to get it back is to switch audio track or stop restart the stream.

psubsee2002

It is not just live TV. I've seen this with playback of any media. When a notification (with sound) occurs, the audio stream gets very soft for half a second then cuts out completely. Previously the audio stream would get soft when there was a notification but would resume as normal half a second later.

It is not device specific as my wife and I are experiencing this on 2 Galaxy S6's and a Zenpad Z8. We're both running v2.8.27 on all 3 devices according to Google

Play ( which doesn't quite makes sense since I am using the beta version and she isn't).

This is relatively recent (within the last 30 days)

Edited by psubsee2002