Emby on vserver: local address shows wan IP

horstepipe

horstepipe

hey

I'm having an Emby server on an Ubuntu vserver.

Just caught my eye that in Emby dashboard the "local address" shows the WAN-IP + port of the server.

I'm just curious where Emby gets this information from and why it shows the WAN ip as the local one.

Regards

It queries the system's local network adapters and gets their IP addresses. Then if there are multiple it tries to be smart about figuring out which one is the right one.

• Like 1

horstepipe

It queries the system's local network adapters and gets their IP addresses. Then if there are multiple it tries to be smart about figuring out which one is the right one.

So shouldn't this be overwritten by entering an IP in Advanced -> bind a local network address ?

horstepipe

My point is that although the server is tunneling its traffic through a VPN it exposes its original IP here. (e.g. It is written in the data.txt file of the Emby for Kodi plugin)

Edited by horstepipe

Thank you for the report. VPN's and proxies can sometimes make the address detection a little tricky. We will look to improve it for a future release of Emby Server. Thanks !

• Like 1

horstepipe

Thank you for the report. VPN's and proxies can sometimes make the address detection a little tricky. We will look to improve it for a future release of Emby Server. Thanks !

thank you,

but isn't the option "Advanced -> bind a local network address" supposed to solve my problem or is it for another use case?

Best regards