Failed Recordings

taylorbourne
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

taylorbourne

Today I had 2 episodes of a show set to record at 9:56a and 11a, each with a 5 minute padding (pre/post). Not only did the server fail to record the shows, it also seems to be hung up on them. It's now 4p local and both episodes are listed in the active recordings section under Live TV. Screenshot below and logs attached.

post-89925-0-11254600-1480465131_thumb.png

server.txt

• Solution

Thanks for the report. Please try this again with the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

• Like 1

taylorbourne

Thanks for the report. Please try this again with the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

Quick question.. Recordings were actually working for me up until like 2-3 days ago.. is there something I can do to roll my server back? Maybe re-run the installer? Just seems weird they all of the sudden stopped working. Getting those small ass .ts files in my recordings folder.

UPDATE: Ok so I was just poking around the Live TV section of the admin panel and noticed some weirdness. I forgot that on Tuesday this week when I went to record the hockey game my Live TV settings were actually wiped out. So I re-added my m3u URL and guide data URL, and tried to fire off a recording. That's when I first noticed recordings not working. Just now I noticed that the box for automatically converting recordings to MKV/MP4 was unchecked when I previously had it checked. I recorded a random show and it actually wrote to an mp4 file.. however it won't play inside Emby, I just get the loading spinner infinitely. 

Edited by taylorbourne

You're on the stable release, there's nothing to roll back to. I would need to add more logging but it looks more likely to me that something changed since the recording was created and now the data doesn't match up anymore. perhaps something in the m3u or guide data. try doing a manual recording.

taylorbourne

See my update up there ^

There's definitely something weird going on with my server. When I go into series recordings, none of them have anything coming up in the schedule. And.. like I said, I did a manual recording for a few minutes, stopped it.. then I when I tried to play it I just got the loading animation with no result. Worth noting that I'm able to play this new recording directly in VLC (mp4).

Edited by taylorbourne