Few issues with Theater

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

I'm really loving theater, in fact I'm just about ready to make the switch and ditch WMC as my 10 foot interface, however there are a few concerns I've run into.

In progress recordings, I'm glad to see that I can start watching them, however I'm finding that they will only play up to the point they had recorded when playback initially started.  i.e.  Say a show is 180 minutes long and I start watching it when it's 90 minutes in, when I hit the 90 minute mark playback stops as if it's hit the end of the file.  I can start playback over and it will see whatever additional time has recorded but of course starts me off right back at the beginning.

As for recordings, the recorded TV view seems sorry to say atrocious to me.  Is there any plans to fix it? i.e. get a view say by series at least?  The way it is right now is a bitch to work with when you've got 100+ recordings.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

I don't know about watching an in-progress recording (I really should test that out), as for your shows, are you not able to see them as series and then by season? How do you have your libraries configured?

Edited by Doofus

We have been focusing on live tv in the web app. Once we're happy with that, we do move the same structure to Theater, except in a manner that's designed for 10ft. So the best way to get what you want faster is to leave feedback on a regular basis.

• Like 2

JeremyFr79

I don't know about watching an in-progress recording (I really should test that out), as for your shows, are you not able to see them as series and then by season? How do you have your libraries configured?

Recordings are not organized since they are in WMC, my other TV files are organized properly and show under their category.  This issue only affects live TV and its Recordings.

Frankly, I think the best overall interface was what was found in RecordedTV HD. I think going forward, gleaning ideas from that would help.

Is that just a WMC plugin?

Yes it is a plug I had it installed to trial it out but because of the issues with metadata lots of incorrect ones movies especially because of the movie prefix I didn't find it useful. From memory I think it replaces WMC recorded tv button. 

Guest asrequested

Recordings are not organized since they are in WMC, my other TV files are organized properly and show under their category.  This issue only affects live TV and its Recordings.

So you're only recording with WMC? If you are using an HDHR device, the recordings are automatically organized, and you have the choice of selecting your recording path. That's what I use. If you're using other tuners, you might want to look at the plugins. I don't have any experience with those, so maybe someone who has, can offer more info. I highly recommend getting an HDHR device and use the Emby DVR.

• Like 1

JeremyFr79

So you're only recording with WMC? If you are using an HDHR device, the recordings are automatically organized, and you have the choice of selecting your recording path. That's what I use. If you're using other tuners, you might want to look at the plugins. I don't have any experience with those, so maybe someone who has, can offer more info. I highly recommend getting an HDHR device and use the Emby DVR.

I use Cetons, I have a pair in InfiniTV 4's The money it would take to replace 8 tuners via HDHR isn't worth it to me.

Guest asrequested

I use Cetons, I have a pair in InfiniTV 4's The money it would take to replace 8 tuners via HDHR isn't worth it to me.

So maybe look at plugins? Others really like them.

JeremyFr79

I'm using ServerWMC, not sure what other plugins there are since I have Ceton's and use CableCard, which mean's I'm tied to WMC as the LiveTV backend and ServerWMC as the broker between WMC and Emby.  Seems from Lukes comment above it's on the radar so with that I am happy and I can wait patiently as I always do.  The Emby Team is like Blizzard Games, It may take a little while to get something you want from them, but when you do it was worth the wait!

Thanks as always for the prompt response Luke I dunno how you guys can do so much amazing work AND be able to answer questions here on the forums and stuff.  It is this and so much more that keeps me recommending Emby to everyone I know.

Guest asrequested

I wanted to get a Ceton, but got an HDHR prime because I wanted to use the Emby DVR. It would be cool if eventually we could use any tuners without the need for plugins. I'd prefer to have an internal card instead of a box.

JeremyFr79

I wanted to get a Ceton, but got an HDHR prime because I wanted to use the Emby DVR. It would be cool if eventually we could use any tuners without the need for plugins. I'd prefer to have an internal card instead of a box.

I love my cetons, have had 0 issues with them, and they're a local company where I live so it's nice to support the local guys when you can.  I have one internal and one USB and they've worked flawlessly.  Can't say as much for the Comcast cable cards lol

Edited by JeremyFr79

Guest asrequested

I love my cetons, have had 0 issues with them, and they're a local company where I live so it's nice to support the local guys when you can. I have one internal and one USB and they've worked flawlessly. Can't say as much for the Comcast cable cards lol

I haven't really had any issues with my HDHR, but what I like about the ceton is it's internal and has more tuners. Hopefully Luke will eventually incorporate them.