117 - Chocolate theme - no option to Refresh

ebr

Why do you need to refresh from the detail screen?

It was removed on purpose because it takes up space and makes people think it is something that is necessary.  It shouldn't be necessary to constantly refresh items.  If it is for you, we need to figure out why.

You can still refresh any item if you must from any of the other views (ctl-r or record button).

ttgapers

I need because when I add media it only shows the file type (and not mediainfo details such as rez, audio quality and movie length). Only when I refresh it updates.

My alternative is to go to the media library folder and hitting the Record button.

There is tons of room on my details page to accomodate the Refresh button (as do other themes).

Is this something you would reconsider, or look into why when I copy movies over these details are not populated immediately. Maybe because I am copying over the network and MB3 starts grabbing metadata before the movie is fully copied over?

I'm not planning on adding the refresh button back.  We need to figure out why you need it often.  What is your process for putting content in the MB folders?  What is the format of that content?  If you wait, just a minute, does it refresh properly?

ttgapers

Hi,

Seems like the option to "Refresh" media in the details view for Chocolate has been removed since the last two updates. All other themes have the option to "Refresh" in the detailed view.

Any idea:

1. Is anyone else experiencing/noticing this

2. Is is going to be fixed/reappear

Thanks for a brilliant product as always.

ttgapers

Hi ebr,

Here is my regular process, it is also reproducable since every movie I copy over to my HTPC has this issue.

Environment: Wireless N private network

Laptop: Windows 8.1 Enterprise

HTPC: Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise

Download movies on laptop, copy to HTPC\hiddenshare$\movies\<movie>

Open MBC (or any MB3 client), on EHS the movie shows as newly added, with movie art, and summary (no total time shown on EHS). Select movie to go to details page, everything displayed except mediainfo details (along with images) and no total time. The only image shown in the lower right is usually the type of file i.e. mp4 or mkv.

I then must go to the main movies folder, browse to the movie and hit the record button to force a refresh. Usually when the refresh button was on the details page it would save me those steps.

Anything else would help? Logs etc.?

Can't believe no one else is experiencing this issue.

Cheers.

ttgapers

Here are some screenshots for my latest addition.

Copy from laptop to HTPC

View of detail page once copy is complete (waited up to 10 mins).

52e3c5c6b4bb9_1copy.jpg

52e3c5f45edfa_2view.jpg

Hope this helps.Note "End Time" is current time, and as mentioned before the only item that shows is the file type, in this case MP4.

Edited by ttgapers

@@Luke does the ffprobe process not run at the same time as those other metadata processes anymore?  Does it wait for a full scan?

That's what I thought.  tt - can I please see the server log from when you copied over that movie?

Thanks.  I think this is something we need to address on the server and we're looking at it.

ttgapers

Thanks for the quick response and confirmation that it will be resolved soon hopefully. I never really reported the core issue as I always had the "refresh" workaround until now :)