Emby Theater - Top menu going left from 1st to last item blocked

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

Top menu wraparound...

When I fire up Emby Theater, I have 13 media items in my top menu, and the one I access the most is TV shows, currently second to last. 

I wish I could go left from 1st item to jump straight back to the last item, then only once more left. It would require 2 clicks instead of 13 clicks right.

If you like my suggestion, please hit the "Like This" button

Thx

Edited by jlr19

I didn't know of user profile settings even existed, and in fact I can't find it

In the WebUI (Chrome, FF etc), click on your user icon at top right, choose Home Screen and change the View Order.

CharleyVarrick

Sorry Luke, when you say built-in web app, you don't mean Theatre, don't you? You mean the 192.168 page? If so I have very little in there, upload image, change password and pin code only

CharleyVarrick

In the WebUI (Chrome, FF etc), click on your user icon at top right, choose Home Screen and change the View Order.

Ah, home screen settings! I was in Profile...

Thanks, I guess I still have a few things to discover bout Emby

That being said, yes, I see I can resort menu order, but as a general rule, menus that lets you go past the last item back to the first, or vice versa, before first item to the last are useful, not only top menu, but any menu. for instance when you're in "because you like (movie x) suggestion, once you're far right, you have to cycle back left click-click-click-click to get back to the "left menu", instead of just going past last item...  

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Have you tried re-ordering them in user profile settings to put your most desired sections at the front?

While it would serve my immediate purpose, it would just push something else farther away in the menu, something that I might need access to next week.

Plus I prefer the predictable and intuitive logic of the alphabetical menu. In Kodi, I have HUGE dropdown menus and when I'm at the very last item and hit the down arrow once more, it brings me right back to the top. Opposedly, I'm currently watching Z Nation, so I hit TV shows, then one click on the UP arrow brings me right to the end of the list. It's a time saver, really. ( I know you can also hold SHFT-Z)

Say No to Dead Ends ! ! !  

Edited by jlr19