Collections Tied to Library Access and Timed Availability

Lighthammer

Lighthammer

There's two features I'd really like to get into Emby:

The ability to tie specific Collections to Library Access (Possibly Collection Access?) and the ability to remit access of some times based on time frames or dates.

Here's the case use:

I have a slue of Christmas (I think nearly every movie produced in the US), Thanksgiving and Halloween movies grouped into Libraries that I only give access to during those periods.

- Easter Movies from Lent until the Monday after Easter

- Halloween movies from the third Sunday in September until the first Monday in November

- Thanksgiving Movies from the week before Thanksgiving to the first Monday in December

- Christmas Movies from Thanksgiving to the first Monday in January

I do this largely because my libraries of these movies are so big and I don't like weeding through them during non-holiday periods or having users of my server do the same.

I'd like the ability to automatically remove and grant access to these items based on specific dates (IE 11/25) and general dates (IE First Sunday of November).

It would be nice to also apply this sort of technology to themes for Emby as well.

Considering we're already treated to event themes from Emby for Halloween and Christmas, I have to imagine a lot of the coding for the date portion of this is already complete and possibly just lacks a UI for it.