Emby Theater - Direct Access

knottz

We need a way to get direct access to emby theater without having to do manual setups with a pin or entering host information manually. I noticed that there is a ?serverid= so that could be useful in achieving something that works? I understand it's designed so that the web files are hosted remotely, but there surely is a way to do this.

I tried using a url cloak to go direct to this link http://tv.emby.media/#!/startup/manuallogin.html?serverid=(idremoved)

This works, however the login keeps looping, having to enter username and password over and over just to be shown the same login page again and again.

I tried adding the ?serverid= on the end of the home link but it doesn't load correctly
i.e. http://tv.emby.media/#!/plugins/retouchedskin/home.html?serverid=(idremoved)

Any ideas, thoughts, or even a method of achieving this would be great.

Deathsquirrel

You don't have to go through emby connect to use ET.  There's a skip option after which you can manually enter the server info.

You don't have to go through emby connect to use ET.  There's a skip option after which you can manually enter the server info.

This is exactly what I want to avoid, I am asking for a method which can use a domain to bypass even needing to choose a server.

Edited by knottz

Deathsquirrel

So you want to use their hosted version of ET without authenticating through emby connect?  Why not just run your own copy?

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  You can connect directly to a server and even login and have Theater remember that and automatically log in each time.

So you want to use their hosted version of ET without authenticating through emby connect?  Why not just run your own copy?

Are you saying it's possible to run my own version of Emby Theaters online web app? I had no idea, if so can you please advise me where I go about doing this?

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  You can connect directly to a server and even login and have Theater remember that and automatically log in each time.

Let me clarify, If i want to use emby theater, I must go to tv.emby.media and then rather use the pin code setup or press skip and manually enter host details correct? I want to be able to use my own domain, for example...

instead of tv.emby.media and manually entering details.

i type exampledomain.com and it loads my server directly (even if never before setting up, in which case it would just be a login screen with username and pass or if previously authenticated it would just show the home screen)

In other words, more like the standard web app.

On what device are you doing this?

There is both a desktop app and Windows Store app version of Theater.

On what device are you doing this?

There is both a desktop app and Windows Store app version of Theater.

No specific app, via a web browser. both via laptop (windows 10 using chrome) and ps4's web browser.

i.e using a browser and visiting tv.emby.media. 

EDIT: Emby Theater's Web App? (I believe)

Edited by knottz

Via the PS4 you don't have another choice but on the laptop you could install either the desktop or Windows store version.

Via the PS4 you don't have another choice but on the laptop you could install either the desktop or Windows store version.

I understand that, I wrote this topic here, in feature requests. To request a method made to do so. If that is at all possible, which i'm sure it is. Especially taking note of what I mentioned earlier about ?serverid=