Compatible with Samsung Smart TV 5-Series J5200 ?

NeauxGeaux

FrostByte

The app is only available in the US att, but assuming your local time is correct that may not be the issue. 

Not all Tizen TVs support all APIs.  I believe I read in the Samsung forum that only the J5500 and greater will work with for instance the remote control API.  If so that could be why you're not seeing it.  Luke or Ebr would have to confirm though why it isn't working with your entry level tv 

https://www.samsungdforum.com/Tizen/Spec#TVModelLineup

• Like 1

If that model is in the entry level family then it's not available yet. I hope to request testing for that next week once the current pending release clears.

• Like 2

NeauxGeaux

Ahh, ok I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification! This is the first TV upgrade I've bought in a long time so I wasn't really sure. I should have spent the extra $60 for the J6200 (?) model then!

@Luke: when you say 'request testing next week', does that mean I could potentially be in luck for getting an official Emby app on this TV? I just tried the built in browser using tv.emby.media and I sadly must say that it even though Emby looks fantastic, it's just not very easy to navigate with the tv remote!

Looking forward to hearing more updates!

For some reason Samsung does not include entry level in the default model set so that is why it's not included yet. The Samsung app portal only lets us do one thing at a time so requesting testing for entry level models has just been waiting it's turn in line.

NeauxGeaux

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I got another chromecast as a temporary solution for now. Look forward to hearing more updates!

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
NeauxGeaux

For some reason Samsung does not include entry level in the default model set so that is why it's not included yet. The Samsung app portal only lets us do one thing at a time so requesting testing for entry level models has just been waiting it's turn in line.

Luke, any updates on the j5200 model?

Thank you :)

A regression was introduced in 1.0.15 for a couple models:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41865-samsung-6-series-ku6300-seek-bar-wont-go-away-no-config/

Due to this issue we are first issuing 1.0.16 to correct that, then once that's complete we'll request testing from Samsung for entry level models.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
taylorbourne

I'm confused.. so the un55j6200 should be able to install Emby? I don't see it when searching. I'm also in the US.

FrostByte

I'm confused.. so the un55j6200 should be able to install Emby? I don't see it when searching. I'm also in the US.

So is Luke it appears :)  Those procedures are only for people with upper end Tizen devices who live outside the US to temporarily get around the country check.  There is still a problem with entry level sets in the US (and most likely Worldwide) also.  There are two issues at hand that they are still waiting for Samsung to approve.

The Samsung dev portal doesn't let me select his model group. i will have to contact them for explanation. Is it possible that even though it is labeled a Tizen tv that it is using the older Samsung app store? That might be the reason why.

• Like 1

NeauxGeaux

Not yet, but see here for a nice trick to install on your device:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27254-status-of-tizen/?p=401993

So will this actually work in the U.S. ?

Edit: nevermind, I was misunderstanding. I wonder why/if they would use an older app store on this particular model.. so weird. I guess this is a lost cause?

Edited by NeauxGeaux