What are the chances of using JWPLAYER instead ot ffmpeg

AFFASocial

AFFASocial

I test use many software's and run many servers,   in the past the one Media Serve i used was $ubsonic.  Do not get me wrong Im 110% a Emby Supporter,   $ubsonic Uses jWplayer and when server starts all is up and current no LAGS is it possible to suggest a test of this ????

Sorry for the typo in topic

Edited by cnjnorton

gstuartj

To clarify further, ffmpeg and jwplayer do not serve the same purpose and are not interchangeable. Ffmpeg is used by Emby to transcode the video on the server side to a compatible format, which is then displayed by the HTML or external player on the client side. JWPlayer is just an HTML video player, and would be affected by the same transcoding delays as the current HTML player.

SHSPVR

To clarify further, ffmpeg and jwplayer do not serve the same purpose and are not interchangeable. Ffmpeg is used by Emby to transcode the video on the server side to a compatible format, which is then displayed by the HTML or external player on the client side. JWPlayer is just an HTML video player, and would be affected by the same transcoding delays as the current HTML player.

I think he ref to Playback side as the server app that he talk about is also using ffmpeg but playback is done with JWPlayer side of thing that my guest on what he ref to.

AFFASocial

This suggestion was made based on ffmpeg.exe and probe.exe consuming 100% of the core i have assigned to it,  yes i have removed the check from throttling,, it seems the ffmpeg.exe  may not be the best option,  emby has had a bunch of memory issues and playback issues,  i even posted a result after roughly 5 or so fresh installs  and noticed if you use emby server go to playback then select streaming in the setting option "internet streaming bitrate (Mbps:)"  it seems using only 1 in that option will stop al the complaints of issues playback remotel (SOLVED)  in the course of the test I tried 10mbps as I always haqd set to that ... I tested all speeds and seems .25 or .50 or .75 or 1 or 1.25 work  ( 1 )  seems to be smoothest.

I alsso did many test on the Transcoding settings

h264 encoding preset   (FINDING= Medium or auto is best)

and

h264 encoding set between 18 on 4g connection test on Galaxy S6 plus edge produces almost instant movie start and smoothe playback,  other option is 24 

most can probably leave these options alone,  but me I figure things out as I hate poor playback....

BASICALLY SOLVED  Exception and ffprobe.exe is simular to hashing difference?  hashing only runs when realtime changes are made to the monitored drives and folders,  thus would eliminate slowness on a fresh boot and the reading of the files on drives which is done now and until the category is scanned  you wait.  hashing or real time monitoring should be applied to server boot up and if casche is not changed then flags do not cause a SCAN/HASH with all the LAG this is my point