New Media sorting not working anymore

EdgarWallace

EdgarWallace

I discovered that new movies are not showing up in the NEW MEDIA area of the main screen any more.

My setting is "using scan date when adding into the library" (don't know if that is the correct wording as I am using the german translation). New movies are being present after having added the file but as soon as the library scan is running it disappears because the movies release date is being used. E.g. for Dark Star it is using April 1st 1974.

Even if I am manually editing the nfo file it is showing the movies correctly for a certain amount of time but is changing the date afterwards.

Any advise? Thanks a lot.

Happy2Play

I see you have the "TimeLord" plugins so this is normal behavior, because the plugin changes the Added Date to the Release Date.

TimeLord movies allows you to set the date added for Movies to the original premier date set in the metadata for items in your collection. This is useful when adding old movies to your collection, as it prevents theses 'New' Movies from dominating your recently added list. 

Be warned this changes all your date added dates to premier air-dates (Unless metadata for the Item is Locked), Episodes are unaffected 
  • Like 1

EdgarWallace

Thanks a lot. 

I have to remove Timelord then. My assumption was that this tool is making amendments on the release date but NOT on the scan date. This seems to be a design issue or is there anything that I overlooked?

Happy2Play

That is the design of the plugin.  The release date is already gotten from the providers and the plugin copied that to the date added.  So when you add old movies they don't flood the new stuff as the description states above.  So your library is truly by premiere date.