Help please - incorrectly detecting multi-part movie

mtjj
Go to solution Solved by CharleyVarrick,

OK, this one is driving me crazy. I have a three part movie, and for some reason I cannot get it to display as a single entry. The movie is "Chung Kuo - Cina (1973)" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068375/

I checked the wiki, and the files are named as follows:

58330d3ee9916_1.jpg

As you can see, cd1 and cd2 are being detected, but not cd3. The movie shows up as two separate entries for parts 1 and 2 (screenshot from the web client:)

58330d935eb2d_2.jpg

What I am doing wrong here? I have a similar approach with other movies in multiple files and they work fine....

• Solution
CharleyVarrick

cd1 and cd2 are different file format, I had similar issue recently, you'll need to convert it or them so they're all mp4 or m4v.

As why your cd3 is not picked up, I'll let the big guns tackle it ;)

If you click on cd2 (to get the detail screen), do you see somewhere down an "additional part" for cd1 and/or cd3?

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 2

Ah! Yes, that makes a kind of sense - I ripped these from DVDs and may have changed the settings along the way somehow.... cd3 is showing up as an additional part for cd2 - which supports your file format theory, as those are the two m4vs.

Thanks!

How did it detect them? As part 1 separately, then as parts 2 and 3 combined? i thought we allowed mixing containers but i'll have to double check.