Live Audio out of sync with Video

WhackOBill

WhackOBill

The latest version of Emby server seems to have busted my Live viewing in Theater.  Haven't checked on my iOS devices yet.

When I play something Live (ServerWMC) the video plays at about 1/2 rate while the audio marches on at full speed.  Eventually, they are so out of sync it begins to stutter and just deserves to be killed.

Updating to ServerWMC preview 1245 didn't help.  I did that update and also rebooted just in case.

Library MKV's seem to play just fine in Theater ... audio and video in sync.

Anyone else having this issue?  Just checking before I go and gather logs for something that may already have been reported.

WhackOBill

After some experimentation and reading in other threads, it seems changing the Video Renderer in Emby Theater (2.5.29) to EVR+ from Auto has restored the sync between Video and Audio.  The problem seems to be limited to MPEG2 content.

WhackOBill

It still gets out of sync after a while but nothing like having Video Renderer set to Auto (which I assume is just EVR).  I'm wondering if this is an Emby Theater problem versus Server or ServerWMC.

blade005

It still gets out of sync after a while but nothing like having Video Renderer set to Auto (which I assume is just EVR).  I'm wondering if this is an Emby Theater problem versus Server or ServerWMC.

@@WhackOBill,

I don't think this is a ServerWMC issue.

I have experienced the same issue with Emby Theater and MPEG2VIDEO both Recorded TV and Live TV and I do not use ServerWMC.

See link: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41187-et-desktop-2528-mpeg2video-synch-issue/page-3&do=findComment&comment=387527

Prior to Emby Theater 2.5.27, I just had to adjust the VIDEO RENDERER setting in ET from AUTO to EVR or EVR+. After ET updated to 2.5.28, I began to see this audio sync issue with MPEG2VIDEO files. After many adjustments to ET, I found I had to adjust my Display Properties from its native 1280 x 800 resolution, to 1280 x 720 and then adjust the VIDEO RENDERER setting in ET to EVR+.  That seems to have corrected the sync issue with a number of files I tested. It also worked if I adjusted the resolution to something higher than the projector's native resolution. Prior to ET 2.5.27, it did not seem to matter what my resolution was set at. I assume something is happening with the latest Emby Theater version and how it is interpreting Display Properties before it hands it off to the player.

WhackOBill

Doesn't your first post mean the problem occurred with the latest version of emby?  

It was hard to tell initially because I hadn't used Emby Theater in a few weeks and it apparently updated itself ... rather silently.  It doesn't really tell me it's updating, it just kind of takes a while to startup sometimes.

So I think this is really an issue with ET and not ServerWMC or Emby Server.

WhackOBill

@@WhackOBill,

I don't think this is a ServerWMC issue.

I have experienced the same issue with Emby Theater and MPEG2VIDEO both Recorded TV and Live TV and I do not use ServerWMC.

See link: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41187-et-desktop-2528-mpeg2video-synch-issue/page-3&do=findComment&comment=387527

Prior to Emby Theater 2.5.27, I just had to adjust the VIDEO RENDERER setting in ET from AUTO to EVR or EVR+. After ET updated to 2.5.28, I began to see this audio sync issue with MPEG2VIDEO files. After many adjustments to ET, I found I had to adjust my Display Properties from its native 1280 x 800 resolution, to 1280 x 720 and then adjust the VIDEO RENDERER setting in ET to EVR+.  That seems to have corrected the sync issue with a number of files I tested. It also worked if I adjusted the resolution to something higher than the projector's native resolution. Prior to ET 2.5.27, it did not seem to matter what my resolution was set at. I assume something is happening with the latest Emby Theater version and how it is interpreting Display Properties before it hands it off to the player.

Yeah, I wish I could roll back to the version I was running a month or so ago.  This newest ET stuff is definitely going backwards.