Position in Video not saving

djotaku
Go to solution Solved by djotaku,

• Solution

You could try grabbing a new copy of ffmpeg from here:

https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

Then customize in the Emby Server dashboard under Transcoding.

Hey Dude,

We inadvertently found the answer together. Excellent! When I went to the transcoding section of Emby, I saw that it was set to use those custom ffmpegs under /var/lib/emby-server/, when I changed it to use the system FFMPEG it worked. Didn't need to use the static ones you pointed me to.

So two questions, if you please?

1) Do I need to file a bug so that the ones shipped with Emby get fixed?

2) Do I need to refresh all files that are having the issue or will it fix itself on the next media scan?

Thanks!

Hey Dude,

We inadvertently found the answer together. Excellent! When I went to the transcoding section of Emby, I saw that it was set to use those custom ffmpegs under /var/lib/emby-server/, when I changed it to use the system FFMPEG it worked. Didn't need to use the static ones you pointed me to.

So two questions, if you please?

1) Do I need to file a bug so that the ones shipped with Emby get fixed?

2) Do I need to refresh all files that are having the issue or will it fix itself on the next media scan?

Thanks!

1) - We didn't ship one with Emby. We either use your installed version or ask you to setup one.

2) - Yes, they need to be refreshed. We don't automatically retry this because as you can imagine it would be easy to get stuck endlessly retrying and people would just complain about long library scans.