Live TV in Australia

Nick's MCE

Nick's MCE

Hi all

I was hoping some-one could give me a very simple list of what I need to setup live TV in Austalia using Emby Theatre. I have been living in the middle east for the last 7 years and have had no live tv setup, prior to this is was on WMC which is now all but dead so just not sure what I need to do now?.

Firstly what Hardware do I need to buy?. I assume I need a dual tuner in each HTPC? Do I need a HD Homerun setup?

What software do I need? Or is this managed through the Emby Server APPS.

What guide will work? I used to use Ice on WMC 

Not sure if it makes any differnece but I have 3 HTPC units running Emby Theatre. I also have a QNAP server for storage.

Thanks

Nick

You will need hdhomerun connect go to silicondust it will tell you where to buy au version that is best bet as it eliminates a third party plugin it is all controlled by emby server.

For guide data you can subscribe to icetv as you have done in the past or you can use a free tv guide which i didn't have a look it since i am very happy with icetv.

I think you should only set up dvr on one emby server and then for the others to watch the recordings folder. Maybe somebody else can offer a better opinion.

phoenixaus

Always many ways to skin a cat.....

I'm running a HTPC with  stock standard WIN10 64Bit. I running a Hauppauge Dual channel capture card (because I already had it, and it works). If I had to start from scratch, the HDHomeRun would have been an easier way to go. 

I run DVBlink software to control the capture card, and EPGCollector to download all the info streams from the channels. It is a nice bit of software, as it also downloads MetaData like poster images etc. 

There is a plugin available in emby, to support the dvblink software.

To tell you the truth, I tend to schedule everything directly in the DVBLink software. I had a few issues with the Post and Pre-padding on the Emby side of things (either the plugin or emby itself), which turned me off using it. 

The above works fine for me. I looked at the ICETV feed, but for what I needed, the EPCCollector does the job nicely and allows for different feed types (that is a whole learning curve!)

• 2 weeks later...
Nick's MCE

You will need hdhomerun connect go to silicondust it will tell you where to buy au version that is best bet as it eliminates a third party plugin it is all controlled by emby server.

For guide data you can subscribe to icetv as you have done in the past or you can use a free tv guide which i didn't have a look it since i am very happy with icetv.

I think you should only set up dvr on one emby server and then for the others to watch the recordings folder. Maybe somebody else can offer a better opinion.

Hi

Thanks for the info, got the homerun today  and am just going on to setup live tv. There seem to be a number of options for the services which would you suggest, is next pvr ok. Also where do I load in ice tv as it is not an option unnder the guide providers.??

Thanks

Nick

Don't choose any services as you don't need them if you use hdhomerun. If you have installed nextpvr remove it.

You choose xmltv in the guide providers and add the following in url substitute with your username and password

you have to put http:// in front of username for some reason if I put http in front of the username then the link is hidden.

username:password@iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide

Also put movie: in movie prefix

Then you will need to map channels

You should have something as similar as pictures attached

post-1589-0-13279200-1480515969_thumb.png

post-1589-0-53843500-1480516070_thumb.png

Edited by denz
  • Like 1

Nick's MCE

Hey dude

Thanks for the help, I am just setting up my ice tv account and wondering which device do I choose.

Thanks

Nick

You should be able to buy it from scorptec but have a look on silicondust website and search where to buy for Australia make sure you only buy from those au retailers

Nick's MCE

Hi all

Thanks for the info but it would seem my question wasnt clear.

I already have the HD Homerun and 58476ca528e25_Screenshot20161207115123.p58476cb43e69a_Screenshot20161207115131.pneed to  set up ICE TV. ON the ice site it asks what type of device am I using, emby isnt there. I hhave attached the screenshots of my choices.

Thanks

Nick

I see what you mean I would just choose Microsoft Windows 7 and then in emby set up use the link that I posted above with your username and password and you should be good to go.

I can't remember that screen as it has been such a long time ago since I set it up. I just went to that screen and I think that relates to the icetv app that is installed so it needs that info so you can remote schedule if you use wmc like I do which is on 24/7.  

I think it is not needed set up emby to download guide data and you will know if it is correct or not.

Nick's MCE

Hi

Thanks for your help mate.

So have the homerun working and can access live TV and all the channels in Emby Theatre.

Having trouble with the guide and the mapping, guide just isnt downloading and no channel mapping is available. I have pasted the http//: into the browser and it takes me to a page of text which is clearly my guide data, emby just isnt downloading it. 

Also when playing in Emby Theatre the picture isnt full screen except on the HD channels, any pointers.

Thanks

5847bca644d4d_Screenshot20161207122906.p5847bcc288fb2_Screenshot20161207170647.p

Nick

Nick's MCE

Hi

I pasted the url into the browser and got the following in reverse order of the screenshots. It cam as the text and then changed to the  first screenshot. It has all my channels on it so it must be the right URL, just not downloading through the server. 

With regards to the video size thing in emby I change the palyback to MadVr and it fixed it.

Thanks

Niick5847d3f3e27b7_Screenshot20161207191422.p5847d3c202e3f_Screenshot20161207191353.p

Edited by Nick's MCE

The screenshots are correct it starts like picture 2 then once it gets downloaded it gets formatted.

Can you post the server log after running guide refresh just remember to replace your icetv username and password as it can be seen in the log files that will tell us what is happening it works for me there is no reason why doesnt for you.

Can you try saving the icetv xmltv feed that is displayed on web page into xmltv file onto your pc and use that file as source and run import guide and try to map channels.

Are you using beta or stable server i use beta

Edited by denz

Nick's MCE

Hey dude

Thanks your patience on this.

I have attached the log, not to sure what it all means myself but there are clearly some errors.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by Nick's MCE

I can see that it is not working "2016-12-08 10:34:20.7397 Info TaskManager: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds" there is something wrong with that url can you take a picture of your xmltv and PM it to me.

Edited by denz

This has been solved @@Luke the issue was in the username he had @ symbol once he got a new username it worked straight away.

Nick's MCE

Hi

Yep it was the Ice TV username, when you setup the subsciption it defaults to your e-mail address for the username. You need to go in and change it. 

I did this and now it works.

Thanks

Nick

Well if that's the default behavior then we should be able to handle it. Have you provided a server log somewhere here in your issue reports?

Nick's MCE

Hey luke 

see attached, its got my old username and password.

Nick

2016-12-08 10:34:20.7227 Info App: Downloading xmltv listings from http://nicksmce@.com:Bailey1039@iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide
2016-12-08 10:34:20.7227 Error App: Error getting programs
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.8500.0
Command line: C:\Users\Nicks MCE 3\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: C:\Users\Nicks MCE 3\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Nicks MCE 3\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Invalid URI: Invalid port specified.
System.UriFormatException
  at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.GetRequest(HttpRequestOptions options, String method)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__27.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFile>d__26.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.XmlTvListingsProvider.<GetXml>d__9.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.XmlTvListingsProvider.<GetProgramsAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsyncInternal>d__68.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsync>d__66.MoveNext()

2016-12-08 10:34:20.7397 Info TaskManager: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2016-12-08 10:34:20.7397 Info ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2016-12-08 10:34:20.7397 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks
2016-12-08 10:34:24.5351 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36
2016-12-08 10:34:24.5351 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Configuration. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36
2016-12-08 10:34:24.5351 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 5ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs
2016-12-08 10:34:24.5351 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 7ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Configuration
*** Error Report ***
Command line: C:\Users\Nicks MCE 3\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\Nicks MCE 3\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-12-08 10:34:26.5436 Error Dlna: Error updating device info for XboxOne
*** Error Report ***
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<SendCommandAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<GetTransportInfo>d__74.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<TimerCallback>d__71.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.AggregateException
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-12-08 10:34:26.9905 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63616752000.txt. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0

Well the question is should be encode the @ or should the server handle it for you. the server should probably handle it but in order to test i'd need you to go back to your old user name.