Scan hangs and mysterious GETs

josephzitt

josephzitt

I'm finding that library scans are frequently hanging. From looking at the logs (attached), it appears that the last thing that goes awry includes the message "ffprobe failed - streams and format are both null" , but I'm seeing other issues in there,

I also see that it's doing HTTP GETs out to theaudiodb.com and /musicbrainz01.eastus2.cloudapp.azure.com when looking at files that I haven't changed in a very long time. Is this as it should be? Since I have close to 2 TB of media in my library, I wonder if that's taking time, resources, and bandwidth that could be avoided.

server-63615082298.txt

Hi ! An issue with the music brainz provider has been identified that can cause the library scan to hang. This has been resolved for the next release. In the meantime the workaround is simply to disable musicbrainz for both albums and artists in the Emby server dashboard under Metadata.

As far as why the requests are happening in the first place, did you possibly move any files around?

Also be advised, for fresh new server installations, we've also disabled AudioDb by default, so you may or may not want to disable that one as well.

josephzitt

Thanks. I'm digging around the interface and not finding where these are set now.   I'm not seeing them under either, for example, Dashboard>Library>Music or Dashboard>Metadata Manager>Music. How can I find these settings?

Hi, you can get to this from the Emby Server dashboard by clicking on Metadata, then moving to the Services tab. From there, select albums as the media type, configure the metadata downloaders, save, and repeat for artists.

582fe92932b82_Untitled1.png