Super slow home screen loading

neodawg

I have been having this issue for several months now, several different versions infact. (Some versions 'seem' better than others, if I remember like version 8200 or something it got a lot more reliable)

When trying to load the home page it will usually sit and spin for miniutes and never load, but then sometimes (getting fewer and fewer) it will just pop right up. Doesnt seem to matter if there is people using it or not, the server has free CPU power all the time. 

I have the latest version install 3.0.8500 on Windows Server 2012r2 6cores 6GB of ram 

I have attached a screen shot of what is happening. However I can ALWAYS load the Manage Server dashboard, it load everytime instantly and several of those pages within that do as well.

I cant seem to figure out a pattern of why its happening, like if I add new media or there is people using it, etc

I have also attached some logs from this morning, having rebooted the server this morning trying to get it to work. (sorry about the zip file, but was too large otherwise)

I also read an older post about the similar issue and tried things in that, i have uninstalled all but 2 plugins (server backup and Kodi sync queue) didnt seem to make any difference

The media collection is about 3000+ movies and 400 TV shows, not sure if that matters much.

When its working it works great for every device, and when its not loading it doesnt load no matter if its an iphone, android or web browser

Also, not sure if this was related to the admin server issue with licensing this morning or not, but i noticed some issues with communicating with:

Error getting response from https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3Packages.json

Thanks for any suggestions anyone has

post-124601-0-02590300-1479499637_thumb.jpg

logs.zip

Hi, thanks for the report. Please try again with the next release of Emby Server as I think you'll see better results. Thanks !

What you can do in the meantime is try removing plugins and running with just the core server. Then if you see improvement you can try adding them back one at a time and look for a difference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update on this: 

I removed all the plugins didn't notice much improvement, then I only installed Kodi Sync, Server Config Backup, and Auto Box Sets, with that running for about a week it seemed to improve some. Then I rebooted the whole Windows server for updates and then it really really improved performance of Emby. 

However now that it updated the other day to 3.1.0 the same issue is back, and I would have to say its worse. Seems to also be worse when someone is playing something from the server, even if its a direct play. 

I have noticed that the Recent Activity never loads after the server has ran for more than a couple days. I can restart Emby service/App as much as I want but it doesn't ever load, unless I reboot the whole server, then it seems to clear that log file. Is there a way to log rotate this every day or something?

Also, is there a way to roll back to 3.0.8500?

Let me know if you want some logs or something. 

However when it is working, I can really see the speed improvements of 3.1, so kudos on that!

Thanks,

Edited by neodawg

Happy2Play

Also, is there a way to roll back to 3.0.8500? 

Not without basically starting over since there are to many changes that happened during this update.

Does the same thing happen if open in browser on server machine "localhost:8096"?

Edited by Happy2Play

I have attached the log. There is some blocks of things in there. 

I am starting to wonder if my issue isn't with Chrome or my user account. 

I opened Edge and that popped up instantly with a previously logged in user. So I tried Chrome in Incognito and that loaded the login quick and I was able to login with my account and it popped right up. But at the same time the page wouldn't load in the normal Chrome window. 

EDIT: Cleared browser cache to see if that helps. 

server-63617864591.txt

Edited by neodawg

Not without basically starting over since there are to many changes that happened during this update.

Does the same thing happen if open in browser on server machine "localhost:8096"?

Of course its working fine at the moment. I will check it when it is not working again and see. Loaded great in IE 11. 

Does Emby have a preferred browser to use? 

Are you sure your bookmark is accurate? Mine used to be localhost blah blah blah but I updated it to the server address as I was having a similar issue. The correct one is listed on dashboard.