Playlists Missing

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Spaceboy

Hi,

i set up 6 music playlists for one user but at some point 2 of them stopped displaying in the server for that user. I can see folders for the missing playlists within the emby folder. How can i restore these?

• Solution
FrostByte

Not sure, but when I installed a fresh system and loaded playlists form backup I had to modify the UserId in the music playlist to match my user.  Even though I was using the same user name, the Id changed.  So I modified the line below and then scanned again and it found it.

<Shares>
    <Share>
      <UserId>d8212034b9964980a6b38c29875aba68</UserId>
      <CanEdit>true</CanEdit>
    </Share>
  </Shares>
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Not sure, but when I installed a fresh system and loaded playlists form backup I had to modify the UserId in the music playlist to match my user.  Even though I was using the same user name, the Id changed.  So I modified the line below and then scanned again and it found it.

<Shares>
    <Share>
      <UserId>d8212034b9964980a6b38c29875aba68</UserId>
      <CanEdit>true</CanEdit>
    </Share>
  </Shares>

cheers, that fixed it. i may have restored the db in the meantime...

and luke, the reason why i couldnt just create a new one is that there is 1000 odd items in the list

• Like 1

and luke, the reason why i couldnt just create a new one is that there is 1000 odd items in the list

What do you mean by that exactly?

Spaceboy

What do you mean by that exactly?

well your solution seemed to be taking me down the route of setting up a new playlist, waiting for a while to see if it disappeared or not then either recreating 1000 items by hand from scratch or copying across the text to the new playlist.xml.

i just want to listen to my music at work, frostbytes solution got me there